Mcculloch 200?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch95100

Saw Nut
Reaction score
Got a pretty good crack at one, Ive heard that they were made for a year so im guessing their not so common? here are the Specs from McCulloch
Found this on another site for the 200. You guys tell me a bit about them?
Also Ill need a starter assembly for it. Which in my opinion its not going to be easy to find lol

MANUFACTURED BY:
McCULLOCH MOTORS CORP.
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, U.S.A.
SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER:
none
YEAR INTRODUCED:
YEAR DISCONTINUED:
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT:
4.9 cu. in. (80cc)
NUMBER OF CYLINDERS:
CYLINDER BORE:
2.125 in. (54mm)
PISTON STROKE:
1.375 in. (35mm)
CYLINDER TYPE:
Aluminum with cast iron sleeve
INTAKE METHOD:
Reed valves
MANUFACTURER ADVERTISED H.P.:

WEIGHT :
19-1/4 lbs. (8.7 kg) powerhead only
OPERATOR CONFIGURATION:
One Man operation
HANDLEBAR SYSTEM:
Rigid
CHAIN BRAKE:
none
CLUTCH:
Centrifugal
DRIVE TYPE:
Direct
CONSTRUCTION:
Die cast magnesium
MAGNETO TYPE:
McCulloch, located under flywheel
CARBURETOR:
Tillotson HL series
MAJOR REPAIR KIT:

MINOR REPAIR KIT:

AIR FILTER SYSTEM:
Flocked wire screen
STARTER TYPE:
McCulloch automatic rewind
OIL PUMP:
Manual
OPERATING RPM:
IGNITION TIMING:
fixed
BREAKER POINT SETTING:
0.018 in. (0.45mm)
FLYWHEEL/COIL AIR GAP:

SPARK PLUG TYPE:
Champion J8J, Autolite A7X, AC M45
SPARK PLUG GAP:
0.025 in. (0.63mm)
CRANKSHAFT MAIN BEARINGS:
Ball
FUEL TANK CAPACITY:
2.5 U.S. Pints
FUEL OIL RATIO:
20:1
RECOMMENDED FUEL OCTANE:
Regular
MIX OIL SPECIFICATION:
McCulloch two-stroke chain saw mix oil
CHAIN PITCH:
.404 in.
CHAIN TYPE:
McCulloch
BAR MOUNT PATTERN:

SHORTEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED:
16 in. (40cm)
LONGEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED:
24 in. (61cm)
COLOUR SCHEME:
McCulloch Yellow enamel
Comments-
Mitch95100

Last edited:
This the one on the DSM craigslist? I posted it on the "found it on craigslist/ebay forum" a day or two ago. Looked like a cool saw but i don't need any more old saws. LOL... I would ask this in the McCulloch forum. Not sure if you'd be able to find a compatible recoil or not.

Parts from about 245 other models interchange. Same as a 250, but has the Mac 15 6-port block, so don't expect a lot of power.

The 200 is an old workhorse, not fast and not beautiful but it can get the job done.

Starter is no issue, there must be 30 or 40 different models that all used the same starter, I have a box of them if you get the saw and can't find one anywhere else.

One secret to getting those saws to start, make sure the choke is closing fully...

Mark

This the one on the DSM craigslist? I posted it on the "found it on craigslist/ebay forum" a day or two ago. Looked like a cool saw but i don't need any more old saws. LOL... I would ask this in the McCulloch forum. Not sure if you'd be able to find a compatible recoil or not.

DSM?? Not sure but i told the guy id take it its under the rochester MN craigslist ads for a low price so hope fully no one will jip me out of it...

I have a 200, It was my first Mac saw.

I had a few troubles with it once I got it from the shipper, but if anyone wants to assist in answering questions, I can see if I can remember my issues.
I can remember a few. One, I broke the cord, on the pull starter, then I had to figure out a bit on how to recoil the spring.

The main issue I had was in starting it, and keeping it running. The bar /chain tension seemed to affect how it ran. As I inspected the saw, there was no bar plate, and if I tightened the chain to a proper tension, it would seem to get too tight for the saw to operate right. Then if I remember right again, if loosened the chain enough to not get too slack, and the saw run nicely, the chain would get too loose to run safely.

My other thing I sort of remember was to do with the choke controls, there was something off in the controls of which I am fuzzy on now. I am thinking it had to do with the choke lever.

Latest posts

Back