McCulloch 600066B - Which Model Do I Have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorj77

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
McCulloch 600066B - Which Model Do I Have? (Pictures UP)

Hello Everyone, new member here. And my apologies if I have this in the wrong forum.

Using my Google Fu, I came across this sight and thought it would be a good place to look for information. I'm having trouble finding info on a chainsaw I picked up this week. Its a older retail labeled Montgomery Ward TMY - 24068A, 2.1 cu. After researching online I know its a McCulloch and not a Remington. And judging by pictures, I believe it to be a Power Mac 310. They look identical at least. However, I'm running into some trouble.

When I look at the Model/SN plate below, I have Model: 600066B and SN: 11-063778. If I try to online search the SN, I come up with nothing. If I lookup the Model, I find related information on Fixya , but they're questions about changing spark plugs only. I was able to find a few I.P.L.'s online for the Power Mac series. However, this is where my confusion starts. By using the IPL's I found online.

Power Mac 310, 320, 330, 340 - 1981 - 1984:

All PM310's
Model numbers range from 600042A thru 600042U with SN starting 11- thru 16-
All PM320's
Model numbers range from 600021A thru 600021P with SN starting 11- thru 16-
All PM330's
Model numbers range from 600043A thru 600043U with SN starting 11- thru 16-
All PM340's
Model numbers range from 600044B thru 600044U with SN starting 11- thru 15-

So I'm sure its entirely possible I just have a limited/dated IPL. BUT did they make the PM310 earlier than 1981? And later than 1984? Cause based on the info I have here, the Model 600066B doesn't match up with a PM310 saw. Is it possible they jumped the model from 600042 up to 600066 in a different year? Or do I just possibly have a different model all together?

Also, my goal is to find basic information

1. Fuel Mix
2. Year of Manufacture
3. Exact model for parts

Thank you in advance
EDIT: I did call McCulloch too. They were nice enough to help, but the info they gave just drawed more questions. According to them, the SN 11-063778 is part of the PM series, although they can't say which one specifically. They also said the the Year of Manufacturer was 2006. Which would be impossible since Montgomery Wards went out of business in 2001. But they were helpful in the sense that all their two-stroke engines were 40:1 mix, for McCulloch & AYP brand oils. Any other brand he said to use 50:1 mix.

Last edited:
What's up, Doc?
(you've no idea how many years I've waited to say that)

Post up some pix, we can better help you that way.

Welcome to AS!

Will take some pictures tonight. I guess regardless of when it was made, I feel confident with McCulloch's answer, to use 40:1 mix. Everything is intact on this thing, so will see if I can get spark, and maybe even fired up tonight.

Not my best pictures, but they pretty much show it all. I completely took it apart, cleaned out about 1lb of grime off it. Basically I was looking for missing parts. Put it all back together, well just the engine and covers. But tested for spark last night. The ignition sys works. So I got spark. Going to go pickup some oil this evening and try to fire it up.

Last edited:
I approved your pics this morning and just now, I see both sets. I will leave the duplicate in case others can't see the first ones.

Oh lol, thank you. Yeah I just seen both sets all a sudden. I just cleaned up the 2nd set. 1st ones are still there.

Thank you for letting me know.

Oh lol, thank you. Yeah I just seen both sets all a sudden. I just cleaned up the 2nd set. 1st ones are still there.

Thank you for letting me know.

Newbies arn't allowed to post pics. untill they get some 'stones' on the forum. Guards against spam bots.

Your Mac 310 (I think) isn't in this list of IPL's. "K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts"

Next best thing is to pick something close and go by that. Mac (and others) issued new model numbers and IPL's almost constantly.

40:1 is fine using synthetic oil. 50:1 is for those who wish to keep the EPA happy.:taped:

Back