McCulloch 650

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shargoth

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum, although I've been reading it for quite sometime now, I've just now ran into a chainsaw I myself don't have to parts to fix. I'm located in Dexter Missouri and my family has been running a lawn repair service for over 50 years. We were one of the biggest Homelite dealers in our area. We sold Homelite and Pioneer. We now sell Redmax and Tanaka. We will work on pretty much anything that comes in the shop as long as we can get parts. Recently we were cleaning out our shop when we ran across an old McCulloch 650 with a bow bar on it. I got it out fixed the rope and checked the fire on it and everything was good. I tried to start it up and get it running but I couldn't make it run without pouring gas in the carb. I took the carb apart and found the diaphragm and gaskets were ate up, as usual. I looked for a couple of days through our stock and I couldn't find a thing. I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could check and see if they had a carb. kit for this thing. I have the old books and microfiche on it and we are pretty certain that it has McCullochs own carb. and I even have some part numbers for the diaphragm. The part number for is 55067C.

Right now I'm running a completely stock C-51 Homelite, with the "New Perma-tip" oringinal bar. I have an old Homelite 5-30 with that runs but needs a new belt for the chain drive. I have an old 924 Homelite that run with a 37in bar.

I'm looking to buy a C-71 and a C-91 if anyone has either of those and would like to part with them.

If anyone needs advice on any older or newer chainswas feel free to drop me a line. We've been in the business a while. My uncle sold chainsaws in the 60's, 70's and the 80's. My dad also sold since 80's 90's and so on. I'm only 20 years old, but I've been around it since I was around 4 years old.

If you need any parts, let me know. I'll certainly check my stock and see if I can help you out.

welcome to the forum i will be inventorying all next week and tommorrow im going to be taking pictures of the mac parts i have currently and will be placing them on my store so who knows what may happen i may find that diaphragm you seek in that inventory

Last edited:
Welcome! My dad's first chainsaw was a ProMac 650, good powerful heavy old saw, I ran it a lot when I was younger! Good luck getting it fired up!

I just did a carb kit on a PM 610 today, and a kit on a 650 last week. They both had Zama's but also came with Walbro's and Tillotson carbs according to the one book I have at the shop.

Last edited:
Ye old flatback carb, kits are few and spendy. Conversion to a Tilly HL163 is indicated. Not a huge deal, I hav done a few. That 650 is a geardrive, 87cc.

Options...

Bob's Lawnmower has diaphragms available (last week anyway), $30 for the set.

Tillotoson HL63 is a drop in replacement.

Best choice of all is to PM me and sell me the whole package. I'll even provide a running saw (200/250/380 your choice) with an original McCulloch bar in exchange.

Mark

Back