McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright guys I have my 10-10a and I have a major gas leak somewhere. As long as the saw sits there is no leak when I try to start it it leaks. If I make it a little rich on the fuel it will run but not if I have the Carb adjusted to where it should be. To me it seems like it's just not getting enough fuel like it's all leaking from somewhere. Under the saw gets saturated. But in near the Carb only had a little moisture which I found out was a crack in the gas line but where is the rest of the gas coming from?

have you had the top of the fuel tank off? only places it can leak is the fuel tank gasket, the fuel line, the carb, the carb spacer gasket, or the fuel tank insulator. that is assuming you don't have a hole in your crankcase, that is.

Yea I have had to replace that gasket. Like I said it only confuses me because the saw doesn't leak if it just sits only when you try to run it. So I guess replace fuel line and clean Carb again something might have gotten in there when I had the filter and it could be causing it to flood rapidly. Yet if I take out the spark plug it is saturated but if I try to dump any extra fuel out of the cylinder there is none it's all on the bottom of the saw.

Alright so on the 10-10 the whole tank assembly comes off with the handle and everything. Is there another seal in between the cylinder and the top assembly there because after some thought that's the only place I believe it could be leaking from. If I'm correct and any of you guys could hook me up with a part number it would be greatly appreciated

does anyone have the last tool manual that mcculloch made. I bough one from ebay that was a 1983 and put it in pdf and posted it on here. I need the newest one that came out unless the one i listed is it. i also need a service manual for a eb 3.7 to add to the collection!!!!

tia

Alright so on the 10-10 the whole tank assembly comes off with the handle and everything. Is there another seal in between the cylinder and the top assembly there because after some thought that's the only place I believe it could be leaking from. If I'm correct and any of you guys could hook me up with a part number it would be greatly appreciated

Nevermind, thought you were talking about something else.
If fuel is leaking, its probably from around the cork gasket between the split... I had that happen on my PM700.

If the fuel level is lower than the split it wont leak when it sits, tip the saw up bar facing down and see if it leaks...that would be an easy test

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Nope that was leaking when I first got it. So I split the tank and removed the gasket it looked to be in good condition just dried up. So I dropped it in gas over nightit put it back in and it was fine it was all sealed up. Now there is no gas anywhere on the external part of the tank. I can only find gas on the bottom of the saw. Removed the Carb and the seal right under it looks fine. I was wondering if I remove the whole top part of the saw is there another seal in between that and the cylinder for me to check? It seems like the only plausible place if I can only find gas on the bottom. Realized this when I tried running the saw the spark plug was wet with gas but wouldn't fire. It wanted to start so I figured it was starving for gas.

I believe there is a sequence of things under the tank assembly before the cylinder. It goes:

tank assembly>gasket>plastic riser>gasket>cylinder

You can see this in the jpeg link below (numbers 59,60,61)
http://lawn-garden.needmanual.com/f...-10S-Chainsaw-Service-Parts-List-Manual-2.jpg

I personally don't think that under normal conditions the saw would pump enough gas out of one of those gaskets while starting to make it seem like its leaking fuel though.... Unless something was going on inside the carb like a ripped diaphragm that would allow the fuel to essentially flow through the carb rather than get pumped

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hey guys,
I'm going to be doing a restoration on a Double Eagle 80, and I'm going to repaint the air cleaner cover, but I'm going to need new decals. I have the capacity to print them off here at work, but I need some good high resolution images of them. If somebody here could take some close up pictures of the warning sticker and the double eagle symbol and send them to me, or post them up, I would be very grateful.
Thanks!

not perfect but looks better than it did. got new rings, seals, carb kit, paint (obviously), chain (duh). still needs a little work but mostly i'm done
still need a sawdust guard, fuel cap, and logos for the fuel tank

can anyone give me some info on the mcculloch timing guide tools i need one for a 10 10 been checking e bay nothing

Back