McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll definitely keep you in mind. I'm kinda trying to build a collection. So fixing it up is likely on my list. I do however have a spare, less bar and chain, that could be a possibility. If I don't need to rob parts from it.

I picked up a pro Mac 10-10 from a stihl dealers junk pile. It seems to have great compression. It has a repair tag that says clean carb, tune up, sharpen. It still has the original mcculloch bar. I wonder why it's "not worth fixing".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a pro Mac 10-10 from a stihl dealers junk pile. It seems to have great compression. It has a repair tag that says clean carb, tune up, sharpen. It still has the original mcculloch bar. I wonder why it's "not worth fixing".

Figure a normal shop rate compared to a new ms250. Works for the Stihl dealer as well as you.

I wasn't too happy about it at the time but thanks to Mark H and others I took to working on them myself. After Brian Thacker and I crossed paths, he has pretty much taken over the serious wrenching for me.

Ron

I've worked on several of them and they are pretty easy to me.

I'm pretty sure both of my Stihl dealers won't even think of touching other brands. The small engine shop probably won't either. See one hit the scrap heap every so often, but I gave up trying to buy em because he was such a pain in the butt to deal with. His loss, not mine. He seems to throw out a lot of repairable stuff, which fits along with what I've seen after he's worked on a piece of ope. Not pretty work, and I would almost go as far to say he purposely does a poor job. Eg, leaving fasteners loose. I wouldn't dream of doing some of the things I've seen, let alone expect someone to pay for it.

Did he do the work and they just never picked it up? I got a few that were sitting forgotten on old dealers' shelves, work done, just never picked up.

Haha, looking back in my post and seeing that my little three letter word (not intending to reference another site) got censored:omg:. Hope ya'll got my point of the outdoor equipment. Didn't think that that would be an issue. Oh well.

I checked out the Mac a little better. It looks they rebuilt the carburetor, cut the fuel line and then went to remove the old one and saw all the paint has come loose from the magnesium and was in the tank. What's the best way to remove all the old paint? And I probably should line the tank with some kind of epoxy?

Back