McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will try to remember and post the dimensions for the check valve when I have a chance.

That common Walbro check valve is probably a long shot, but there could certainly be others that would do the trick. It seems more than likely Mac designed the hole in the plastic to accommodate an existing check valve rather than the other way around.

What a job jethro. Those are some narly big trees now. Id be done for the day after a chore like that.

Yeah certainly was done. Although the young fella's did well too and the mrs old man on a peg leg above the knee. I let him use the 4000. Didn't want to give it back haha

A 15 year old had a blast on the 81 too :) don't worry he's a big 15 year old and actually pretty good on a saw. He runs a husky 61 most of the time

The 800 did all the long bar work and I still love that saw it rips that 32 very well. It runs great even after a year or more. Idles away upside down in a tree while I faff about

The heat that rockets out that pipe is incredible. A foot away it burns ya hand.
I see what Ira ment about the heat in those big mufflers. Glad its gone

Good stuff, Jethro. May be our Mac fix for the weekend since the weather wasn't too favorable for our boys from Tennessee. Good chance they may even be out doing storm damage from the recent ice band that rolled through the region. Should be an interesting report from Ron when he's able to provide one. Still widespread power outages being reported this morning.

Good stuff, Jethro. May be our Mac fix for the weekend since the weather wasn't too favorable for our boys from Tennessee. Good chance they may even be out doing storm damage from the recent ice band that rolled through the region. Should be an interesting report from Ron when he's able to provide one. Still widespread power outages being reported this morning.

I forget its winter up there. Hope all is well

Sorry, not much to report.

Saturday a week ago, the range was closed due to a little ice and snow so no MAC action - a little too windy for falling anyway. I spend the day beginning a resurrection of an old trailer of mine to retrofit it to haul logs.

Yesterday was a beautiful but cold day. I had gotten home late Friday after a three day business trip so things didn't get off to a good start. I understand Brian was cutting at the lot. I made it to the range in the afternoon and spent about 4.5 hours making a log pile at my last cutting site and pulling out a couple red oak stems with the bulldozer, but again no MAC action.

I have a little dilemma which will hold up more MAC action. I have got to get the range job done, but the ground is so wet and steep where I was last cutting that I can't get a truck and trailer to the site. The road is too steep to safely move logs with my tractor, whether with the FEL or skidding. The dozer is a 30+ minute round trip and skidding will rut up the road. Current thought to get back on track is to retrofit the trailer, load it with all it can hold, and pull it with the dozer. Backup thought is to take the deuce to the site, load it as high as the tractor can lift, and let Brian drive it down the long steep section; just kidding as I am not going to ask him to do that.

I appreciate all who pointed out the .070" over piston. I double checked tonight and the gouges in the already .050" over cylinder are too deep. The old piston is ruined too. I am told the 125 piston and rod is the best way to go on these kart motors. So, the best course seems to be a re-sleeve to fit a standard 125 piston. I have another 101B that is .020" over IIRC that I could just swap in it, but I can't bring myself to do that. With the cost of steel and the trailer project, the saw project will just have to wait.

Ron

The LRB has one thick ring as opposed to two thin rings for the stock PM650.
Did you take an initial compression test reading on the LRB one ring piston?

One of my PM610s had a flaw in the crankcase bottom casting as well. Plus some strange pitting. Thanks for sharing your findings. Something to keep an eye out for on future projects. What a PITA to diagnose. At least you got the mystery solved.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

Back