McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked this up at an auction, but cannot find much info on it.
PRO MAC 850
Looks like it needs a recoil and spark plug boot.
Piston looks good.
Good saw? Are they hard to work on?View attachment 984209View attachment 984210

I’m curious about these black non-brake clutch covers with the newer Mc logo: I’ve seen them over here too on a PM850 and some PM700s; my PM700 frankensaw also has one.

I remember reading somewhere that Black & Decker were committed to adding chain brakes to all the Mc saws, but these covers are clearly from that era or newer?
Do they date from the early days after B&D took over, or did they come on specific saws? Or were they optional, an alternative to the braked covers?

Just something I’ve been wondering about…

I’m curious about these black non-brake clutch covers with the newer Mc logo: I’ve seen them over here too on a PM850 and some PM700s; my PM700 frankensaw also has one.

I remember reading somewhere that Black & Decker were committed to adding chain brakes to all the Mc saws, but these covers are clearly from that era or newer?
Do they date from the early days after B&D took over, or did they come on specific saws? Or were they optional, an alternative to the braked covers?

Just something I’ve been wondering about…
Ive only gotten them in nos "replacement parts " bags.

Latest posts

Back