McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys,I bought a real nice low hr.1-10 for $50 on Feebay.I put a different plug in it & a new fuel filter,filled it with fuel & it fired right up.It has the bullfrog carb in it & it won't idle,but on the hi end it's very snappy.I called Bob J.today to see about getting a rebuild kit for it & he's really against the bullfrog carbs,says they're nothing but garbage.Then he tried to sell me the conversion kit to an SDC carb for $115.The bullfrog is a 2 screw carb.I see several diaphragms on Feebay for around $20 & up.Is that all I need is the diaphragm?How difficult are they to tune?

There are at least 5 different versions of the bullfrog style carburetor and the diaphragms are different. Before you order any diaphragm you need to know which one you have and make sure you get the correct replacement.

DSC07234.JPG

DSC07235.JPG

DSC07240.JPG

DSC07241.JPG

DSC07238.JPG

Read through the attached information on the Mac 10 carburetor and adjustments, you may find that all you need to do is some fine tuning. If it starts and runs I would suggest the diaphragm is O.K.

Mark

Attachments

• 10 Series McCulloch Carburetor.pdf
    458.9 KB · Views: 1
Once in awhile we get good luck. A little while ago i took a peek on the e-bay and saw a complete DE80 for $75.00! Knowing i can get that engine repaired i bought it. I hope its good but if not i might know a guy that can fix the cylinder. Ive not come across too many deals on there lately so i was a little excited to see a 82cc mac for sale for $100.00! Total. Ill let you know how it looks when i get it.

My ocd would never let me part it out. Ill have to get it running.
I'm definitely with you there. I borrow a part here and there if another saw is 1 part from being a runner but I write it down and start looking on ebay right away for a replacement. I often wonder if I will ever have a true parts saw.

Hey guys, I’ve got an pm 850 I’m trying to bring back from the dead. I’ve been going through diagnosing what feels like a lean condition. It acts like a vacuum leak but the thing holds pressure and vacuum. 7 inhg, 7psi. Replaced the flywheel (wrong). Swapped coils, spark plug. Cleaned and rebuilt the carb. I’m rechecking my work and noticed this zama c2 carb has a really small inlet. If this supposed to be like that? Here’s a pic?

Attachments

• 430343A3-7629-479E-BD3C-1487446A5ABE.jpeg
    430343A3-7629-479E-BD3C-1487446A5ABE.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Hey guys, I’ve got an pm 850 I’m trying to bring back from the dead. I’ve been going through diagnosing what feels like a lean condition. It acts like a vacuum leak but the thing holds pressure and vacuum. 7 inhg, 7psi. Replaced the flywheel (wrong). Swapped coils, spark plug. Cleaned and rebuilt the carb. I’m rechecking my work and noticed this zama c2 carb has a really small inlet. If this supposed to be like that? Here’s a pic?

Have you got another carb to try? Check the fuel line also

Mike - post a photo of the inside of the cap so we can determine what is missing.

Jacklefty - look under the fuel tank and make sure the impulse line is sound. It could be loose on one end or the other. Later saws had a much smaller fuel line and proportionately smaller nipples, I don't think that is your issue.

Mark

Latest posts

Back