McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a gasket for the carb on one of my 10 series, is it best to get several of these at a time or buy complete sets with
  • Manual Oil Pump 91669 .062
  • Carb Spacer 84081 .031
  • Auto Oil Pump 92874 .062
  • Fuel Cap 69767 .060 Cork
  • Oil Tank Cover 86306 .062
  • Carburetor Base 86189 .031
  • Fuel Tank Lower 68594 .031
  • Fuel Tank Upper 84082 .031
ie what else will likely need replacing in the future?
I sell some of those on eBay "cinci5"
Mention arborsite in message and I'll do "buy one get one" shhhhh don't tell eBay.

Attachments

• 37F71565-02CC-4F70-9166-A27B8431D074.png
    37F71565-02CC-4F70-9166-A27B8431D074.png
    837.1 KB · Views: 1
With help from Parker Jameson, I have been working on a few of the primers used on the larger MAC/Walbro carburetors. I don't have any long term experience at this point, but it does seem we may have a way to fix leaks and make them pump again. I have added the details in the McCulloch Carburetor thread, you can find a link in my signature below.

20220706_142717.jpg

20220709_072743.jpg

20220709_072431.jpg

Mark

What do you run in your parts wash? Currently I'm using the Jegs cleaner which has been working really well, but it's getting pretty funky. I think the only issue I've had with it is that it washed the model/serial print clean off the label for a Super XL :D Fortunately I had a picture of it prior.

Randomly saw this, and thought that might be a good sub for the air box sealer on 10 series. Was wondering if anyone else had a substitute they were using for that?
https://www.eastwood.com/ew-flexible-strip-caulk-bk-2-lbs.html

I have been using Green Envy low odor mineral spirits, I can get it for around $10/gallon at Menards. When it becomes too contaminated with oil to work effectively I take it to the local auto mechanic and he puts it in with his waste oil that he burns to heat his shop.

Seems like just yesterday...

Grandpa's Helper.jpg

Mark

You may be thinking of the Klean Strip at Menards for $9.99 a gallon, Mark. The Green Envy is $7.99 a quart!

The Crown PSC 3000 at Tractor Supply is still hovering around $45 for 5 gallon containers. Low odor. High flash point. Does the job. Retains its effectiveness over the years as a prelimary soak or scrub treatment even after becoming pretty nasty. Not sure whether to be ashamed or proud of it, but I'm still getting use from what's left of my first 20 gallons purchased over five years ago. Still useful in a pre-soak and scrub tank for certain parts before final cleaning in a fresher solution. Definitely got my money's worth and then some!

Excellent. I find them to be good carbs but prefer the choke version, mostly because the primers get weak or leak. I was considering converting my primer models to have a choke, but haven't looked into what parts to use.

Hi, I am looking to make a reed for a muffler on a PM 700. I know that @heimannm has suggested using the blade from a scraper/stopper/putty knife. As I don't have an old reed to copy, can someone be so kind as to provide the dimensions of one? The PN is 85585A. Thanks.

Hi, I am looking to make a reed for a muffler on a PM 700. I know that @heimannm has suggested using the blade from a scraper/stopper/putty knife. As I don't have an old reed to copy, can someone be so kind as to provide the dimensions of one? The PN is 85585A. Thanks.

It might be tricky as 99 percent are broken n gone. You might have to just have a go with some cardboard n sus it out

Unless it's for a shelf model I'd fore go the reed . I believe that it really hinders exhaust flow and adds heat to the engine.

Yes, I dumped my reed after using my 700 for a week. Amazed the difference it made, but it’s louder, a lot louder. I bought this saw new in 1988 and still use it today.

Wow that's cool :)
I don't see the noise an issue. It's a chainsaw they are loud. Ya wear ear protection anyway.

Funny story we were at workmates 1 night a few beers were on and needed a pellet cut up for a bit of quick wood for the garage fire. My mate has a 700 I convinced him he needed and he made me run it as I was the Mac guy and the most sober.

Anyway the youngest guy there 18 apprentice towney kid was always asking when can I use a chainsaw c'mon c'mon let me use the saw and of course there's no way in hell I'm letting a half drunk kid use the saw it's dark and bla bla just no. Anyway he's all like yup yup. Until.... I start the 700 lol lol I've never seen him run so damn fast he shot off down the drive like a cat with its tail on fire holding his ears Hahahaha. Poor kid thought he was the man until the that big scary old mac went pop pop.

He's still scared of chainsaws )

Latest posts

Back