McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 57cc models (PM55, 555, 570, 10-10S, 10-10S Special Edition) have more aggressive porting than the 54 cc 10 Series models and perform much better. I'm sure someone that has studied them very carefully could identify a number of differences but I can't say much off the top of my head.

As noted the early models (55, 555, 570) were iron bore and points ignition but there were also transition models of the 555 and 570 with electronic ignition. I don't know if there were transition chrome bore saws but the 10-10S models were all chrome bore and electronic ignition. Some early pistons did not have the locating pins for the rings and you cannot always depend on an IPL to give you the correct data for your saws unless you match the model and serial number from the IPL to the saw in question.

The PM570 is the AV version of the 57cc saws.

The Special Edition models frequently were equipped with more socket head fasteners (hex or Torx).

If everyone will send me their NOS and NIB 57cc saws I promise will carefully catalog all of the differences and publish my findings for all to enjoy. I probably won't remember to send your saws back...

Mark
I am boxing all 9 of my NOS NIB 57cc saws up now Mark. Just wait for UPS to drop them by one day lol.

does anyone know of a service manual that addresses the electronic ignition systems of the late model 10-10 saws? I asked in the beg thread and Ray is not aware of one. thanks.
I might have. Give me some time to dig into my service manuals and tech updates.

Latest posts

Back