McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How could anyone call THIS UGLY??????

damned X's

I'm with you (both on the lack of 'ugliness' of the saw, and the X's). The pic link works though. I wouldn't turn down a 1-62 for the right price. I doubt I could get it from Mark's new contact (who was planning on ebaying the saw) for a price that would be worth it for me once shipping's figured in however...

Well it was said that there not as good looking as the others so I just kinda turned it around a little. :jester:

Gotchas going so now its time for me to. :msp_biggrin:

I guess I'll watch the auction and if it goes ok, maybe I'll just buy it myself. At least I could just pick it up and save shipping.

The reason many of those gear-drive look clean is they are HEAVY, and only sport an 80cc or 87cc motor, not a real powerhouse. So you have to get up in the morning with a determined attitude and want the abuse you're about to recieve.
The very reason mine sat on the trailer All day that day, I had a perfectly good running 15lb. saw that did the cutting.

How could anyone call THIS UGLY??????

damned X's

175261d1299548903-5188572562_b889002eba_m-jpg

Nobody said they were ugly. We just said the others are better looking. I have my grandfather's 1-60 and it gets my top shelf but I always thought that my father's 640 was better looking - more sporty IMO. I think the 640 and its close cousins are the best looking big saws MAC made. The SP 105 and 125 are just so so to me. To each his own. Some still like flat top hair cuts - I don't have that luxury anymore. :laugh:

BTW it is nice to see that your saw is that same pale yellow as mine. Ron

175261d1299548903-5188572562_b889002eba_m-jpg

Nobody said they were ugly. We just said the others are better looking. I have my grandfather's 1-60 and it gets my top shelf but I always thought that my father's 640 was better looking - more sporty IMO. I think the 640 and its close cousins are the best looking big saws MAC made. The SP 105 and 125 are just so so to me. To each his own. Some still like flat top hair cuts - I don't have that luxury anymore. :laugh:

BTW it is nice to see that your saw is that same pale yellow as mine. Ron

It may be pale and yellow, but it's not sick!! BTW thanks for embedding that pic, I'm having a day. :msp_angry: I clicked "reply" to your post, a little to hasty. I think the designers bounced radically from round/radiussed to Suare and blocky quite a few times in their period. :cheers: Almost time to be home.

RandyMac... hit me with a pm if you're gonna sell that 1-40, and/or other saws you're selling. I might be interested. :) I like big yellow saws. :msp_drool:

Well, no, but...

let's just say it's about perspective.

I stopped at $10. Needed to save my $ for the SP105 and this PM800 which arrive today.
175272d1299553876-ny-pm800-jpg
View attachment 175272

Sold my PM850, PM570 and DE80 so small MACs are down to this:
175273d1299553946-small-mac-lineup-3-7-11-jpg
View attachment 175273

PM800 x 4, PM700, PM8200

If Mark wouldn't shoot me, I would like to put together if possible a gear drive 800 using a G70 carcass. Still wouldn't be a lightweight but it would be lighter than a 1-60, 640, etc.

Ron

Last edited:
=== Still wouldn't be a lightweight but it would be lighter than a 1-60, 640, etc.

Ron
I think I've finally amassed a complete 640. it is in pieces in a box and needs some work on the jug, but it's there. Damn thing is heavy even in box with two handles. I may have another engine coming as well... still waiting to hear on that one.

** Oh, I need to 'bump' my request for someone to do the cylinder boring... anyone have a recommendation or an ability to do it?

Awesome lineup, Ron.

I wasn't going to bid, but with 30 seconds left, it hadn't moved off of $425. I found my fingers whipping a number at it. Actually, 101s have been going substantially higher there lately, regardless if a saw's wrapped around it or not.

Awesome lineup, Ron.

I wasn't going to bid, but with 30 seconds left, it hadn't moved off of $425. I found my fingers whipping a number at it. Actually, 101s have been going substantially higher there lately, regardless if a saw's wrapped around it or not.

How much did it go for, I did not get home in time to take a swing at it.

Awesome lineup, Ron.

So did you win it?

...I may have another engine coming as well... still waiting to hear on that one.

Sorry,

Was sick all weekend and didn't do anything at all with chainsaws or the garage. Haven't even boxed up and shipped the 031AV I sold (on Saturday morning) yet. Gotta get that out ASAP.

I've located what shelf the parts 200 is on, and will pull it out for examination sometime in the next few days. I vaguely remember there being some scoring on the piston. If that's the case, then I doubt you'd want it. If it looks good, I'll strip the bits I want to keep and send the engine to you for the cost of shipping. Get back to you on it in a few....

Awesome lineup, Ron.

Thanks. I know the feeling but I keep suppressing the kart urge. Have not seen any Super 797s lately so I haven't had to fight that one yet. Ron

I'm going to need a crank for my 1-76, anyone know of a source?
Also, what other saws share this crank? Maybe I can scrounge up something off another carcass. If you have any thoughts, pm me...I can't keep up with all the most recent stuff on this thread, You guys just post too much great stuff. Not much time for the computer right now.

Thanks - Sam

Latest posts

Back