McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Yellow/Dolmar

I should have this soon "McCulloch Super Pro 85" a Dolmar 133 in drag,
:confused:maybe it should be in the Dolmar thread :dizzy: :greenchainsaw:

macdolMedium.jpg

Just picked up an 8500 on ebay for $130.00 shipped. It had a 24" windsor sprocket tip bar and square ground 3/8 chisel on it. It also had a new clutch cover/chainbrake on it. Anyway nothing broken and after a new fuel filter and carb rebuild it runs great. Lots of compression and will remind you itself to use the decomp button. I like the saws in this family. I haven't had it in wood yet, but the SP81E that I had would eat my buddy's 7900 dolmar for lunch in 20" hardwood.

mac drone airplane motor ww2

tractoshow026.jpg

That reminds me of when I was real young. The farmer my father worked for took an old VW bug and mounted an airplane engine in the back. Dad said it looked funny with the propeller hanging out the back. Well everyone gathered for the test run. He eased it down the lane way and all was good. He managed to get it turned around, and was on his way back, with much fanfare. Well he was so proud and decided to show off a little. When he gunned the engine, the prop pushed so much air, that the front started to lift. That put the prop into the driveway! It was a wreck, but he was not hurt. Car destroyed. Dad said that all that remained was the hub of the propeller that was hung over the work bench.

"A" for effort.

That's a pretty neat pic, Mr. Bones. Never seen the drone engine before. Does Bob Johnson have parts for those too? It looks like it could handle a fair-sized bar & chain. Might have some clearance issues with that prop.

Does the addition of that drone engine make the Chevy a hybrid or a target? :D

Mac's

Been awhile since I looked in on this thead.There is sure some great stuff being posted!Those old ad's are the cat's ass.Great work!
Lawrence

That's a pretty neat pic, Mr. Bones. Never seen the drone engine before. Does Bob Johnson have parts for those too? It looks like it could handle a fair-sized bar & chain. Might have some clearance issues with that prop.

Does the addition of that drone engine make the Chevy a hybrid or a target? :D

thats for "warp 9 scotty"

this is the only one I have seen except for marshall trovers and wayne suttons drone motors. this one runs too but the guy is scared to start it cause it is made to run wide open like an RC

Hey Mark, I'll wave back at ya with a gear drive in my hand !!!

I bought an gear drive of a local craigslist that was advertised as a 640. Looking at Mike's specs, I notice they were right hind start, while the one I found is a left hand start. Also wondering if there's a sprocket cover missing or not... looks dangerous like that. whatcha think boys...sorry for the poor pic.

attachment.php

Hey Mark, I'll wave back at ya with a gear drive in my hand !!!

I bought an gear drive of a local craigslist that was advertised as a 640. Looking at Mike's specs, I notice they were right hind start, while the one I found is a left hand start. Also wondering if there's a sprocket cover missing or not... looks dangerous like that. whatcha think boys...sorry for the poor pic.

attachment.php

Someone has removed the righthand starter and added a lefthand starter. Looks like they made a plate to cover where the righhand starter used to go.

not so sure, it looks pretty original to me... just curious if there's a sprocket cover missing or not.

attachment.php

Looks like they have moved the bar and sprocket to the outside of the gearcase for flush cutting stumps. They probably removed the righhand starter to give more clearance for flush cutting.

Nice one Roland.
Looking at the cover over the inside shaft,
i would say it's original. Like Stink says
it must have been for flush cutting.
I don't have an ipl for a 640 so i can't
help you there.
Nice find and probably rare.

Lee

I have a fella asking me about Double Eagle 80 Parts. . . I looked at the picture of one on Acres. Will the rear handle/tank from a 10-10 work on a switcheroo?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back