McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff stopped by for a while this afternoon. Actually he comes over quite often on Saturday afternoons to lend a hand and get a nice home cooked meal. After getting a few other saws sharpened and put away he helped replace the drive belt on my Sears garden tractor / snow blower.

Having completed our assignments for the day, we went over the 610 to make sure everything was in good order. I had just put a new chisel chain on it, but we noticed the drive sprocket was pretty worn so we replaced the sprocket. I gave him a spare loop of chipper for the 16" bar that was on the saw, and found a nice 24" hardnose bar and loop to compliment the set up. Look out Waterloo, Jeff's going to be looking for something to cut up.

Mark

attachment.php

Hangtown, send me a PM and we can start from there.

Jeff has plenty of patience, I really doubt he will have too many occasions to need it but he has it just in case...

I would hope if he had a chance to do some cutting on anything big he would let me know so I could bring some heavy artillery.

When we picked up my McCulloch 840 last year about this time, the guy had a PM 650 with a 24 and 48" bar. He told us once he got the 650 he stopped using the 840 (equipped with 36" bar) and did everything with the 650. He said it wasn't fast with the 48" bar but it was easier to handle than the 840.

Mark

Jeff has plenty of patience, I really doubt he will have too many occasions to need it but he has it just in case...

I would hope if he had a chance to do some cutting on anything big he would let me know so I could bring some heavy artillery.

When we picked up my McCulloch 840 last year about this time, the guy had a PM 650 with a 24 and 48" bar. He told us once he got the 650 he stopped using the 840 (equipped with 36" bar) and did everything with the 650. He said it wasn't fast with the 48" bar but it was easier to handle than the 840.

Mark

The only 650 that I have ran did have alot more then the 610's that I had did and would do fine with a 24".

I did have a chance at a decent 650 a while back, but the seller thought it was worth more then I did. That's starting to happen alot more now that I think of it. LOL

Got a new clutch drum and rim for Christmas (thanks to the wife)! I have the nut off but how does the clutch rotor come off? Is it threaded on or do I need to pull/pry it off?

It looks like it needs to be pulled off of a taper on the IPL I have but want to make sure.

:poke:

old Macs

I just got 2 macs, don't know anything about them as I am a Stihl guy. Are these of interest to anybody? Super 44 & Super 44a both with full wrap and 26" bars. 80 & 87cc respectively. 44 will probably run, 44a is in worse shape.

well i got a 610 pro mac a while back and to day was the first time i got to do so real cutting and all i got to say is if u can carry it,it will cut it.

The only 650 that I have ran did have alot more then the 610's that I had did and would do fine with a 24".

I did have a chance at a decent 650 a while back, but the seller thought it was worth more then I did. That's starting to happen alot more now that I think of it. LOL

IMHO The thin-ring 610's and 650's are noticably stronger than the thick ring ones. I have run 24" bars on them as well. One in good tune will pull 24" fine, but 18" is more fun. The thin ring ones will not tolerate dirty air filters very long at all. Short of straight gas, hardly anything will kill the old thick ring ones.

IMHO The thin-ring 610's and 650's are noticably stronger than the thick ring ones. I have run 24" bars on them as well. One in good tune will pull 24" fine, but 18" is more fun. The thin ring ones will not tolerate dirty air filters very long at all. Short of straight gas, hardly anything will kill the old thick ring ones.

are the 605's made both ways too?

Now that you mention it , one of the 610's I had did have the thin rings. I never run it that much to tell much difference in it.

The 650 I ran did have alot more stuff then the 610's. It pulled a 24" ok.

I have a 610 and was wondering if it is a thick or thin ring one. I guess just pull the muffler off and look? What thickness am I looking for?

Either that or seach those confusing McCulloch IPL's. Probably easier just to pull the muffler. I don't know what the measurements are off hand but you will know right away just by looking. Theres that much difference.

I suppose you just want to know but I doubt you will change whatevers there.

Either that or seach those confusing McCulloch IPL's. Probably easier just to pull the muffler. I don't know what the measurements are off hand but you will know right away just by looking. Theres that much difference.

I suppose you just want to know but I doubt you will change whatevers there.

mark do you know anyone that is needing a piston ring set for a mac 10-10 part # 62814 reason i ask is i ran across a set just a second ago

Latest posts

Back