McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any help with current p/n for a 60409 oiler pump gasket (#71)?
heroze-albums765-173597.PNG

Make it. Leather punch, paper punch, Exacto knief and a roll of gasket material from O'Reillys. BTDT It's a lot quicker and cost effective.

After your first you will make more.

That mentality carries over into the motorcycle arena also, along with cars, boats, women, etc., etc. .... so, yeah, I know what you mean. You just want to strangle some of those dumb SOBs. The chainsaw snobs, not the woman...:hmm3grin2orange:

Amen to that. I haven't gave anyone a good ass-whooping for quite some time. Again, I stress that any good saw is one that runs and cuts well for many years. Of course, bigger is better, brand really doesn't matter much. As long as it isn't some cheapy plastic HD Poulan, I'm happy with it. :cheers: Women don't deserve to be hit, in any circumstance. (unless they are truly the #####y controlling daughter of satan, then that case may be excluded IMHO) Okay, we are going too far off topic.

Topic is McCullochs. And I like them. :)

Looking for an air filter cover for my Pro Mac 10-10. I got a cover from a member for a 10-10 Automatic that won't fit this saw. Will a cover off of the PM 710 or other Pro Mac saws work on mine?

Mark, are you able to help this man with his air filter cover? (sorry, I just figure you might have 30 of them sitting around...)

Looking for an air filter cover for my Pro Mac 10-10. I got a cover from a member for a 10-10 Automatic that won't fit this saw. Will a cover off of the PM 710 or other Pro Mac saws work on mine?

Mark, are you able to help this man with his air filter cover? (sorry, I just figure you might have 30 of them sitting around...)

kmcinms: I have a PM10-10 cover.

promac610: You shouldn't go around offering up other folks stuff.

Ron

10-10

All right so I snuck out of the house this evening and got a little closer look at my 10-10. I fixed the throttle lock and adjusted on the carb. Are these saws cold blooded? seems to take a bit to get it started cold but only 1 pull when warm. Now I have it shop tuned, it will idle and rev to WOT, I just have to find a chain that is not shot. Can anyone tell me about .375 chain? I am used to 3/8, .404, 1/2, and #10 but not sure about .375, will 3/8 work or do I need to replace the sprocket to 3/8?

Make it. Leather punch, paper punch, Exacto knief and a roll of gasket material from O'Reillys. BTDT It's a lot quicker and cost effective.

After your first you will make more.

I've made my first one lots of years ago and have a couple of different types of gasket material in the garage... this gasket is a bit 'different'.

I'll hack at it if I have to, but the cuts are pretty precise and match up to the oiler ports.

Maybe I can talk my wife into cutting it out, she's better at the detail work.

All right so I snuck out of the house this evening and got a little closer look at my 10-10. I fixed the throttle lock and adjusted on the carb. Are these saws cold blooded? seems to take a bit to get it started cold but only 1 pull when warm. Now I have it shop tuned, it will idle and rev to WOT, I just have to find a chain that is not shot. Can anyone tell me about .375 chain? I am used to 3/8, .404, 1/2, and #10 but not sure about .375, will 3/8 work or do I need to replace the sprocket to 3/8?

.375 and 3/8 are one and the same.

Cool, sounds like you are further along on your 10-10 than I am. I'm anxious to get mine running and into some wood. I'm not sure what the difference would be between the .375 and 3/8 chain. Is one a different pitch? :confused:

Cool, sounds like you are further along on your 10-10 than I am. I'm anxious to get mine running and into some wood. I'm not sure what the difference would be between the .375 and 3/8 chain. Is one a different pitch? :confused:

I just got lucky, picked this one up today off the CL for $20. I will try to get it tuned in some wood tomorrow or the next day, I have to sharpen a few chains first. Can I find out when this saw was made by the serial #? Damn yellow fever.

I played with 10-10s yesterday, I have three, all different. I'll have enough parts to make two running and complete. The "leftover" block has a good P&C, would make a good replacement motor, but would need many, many parts to make a saw again.

I played with 10-10s yesterday, I have three, all different. I'll have enough parts to make two running and complete. The "leftover" block has a good P&C, would make a good replacement motor, but would need many, many parts to make a saw again.

I haven't had a chance to play with it yet but it does show a lot of potential for a 54cc saw. This is my 4th mac and may end up my favorite at least until I get one of the big ones.

New to Me 1-43 Winner of the Cruddiest Fuel Tank Contest!

Well, my $40 1-43 arrived! While it's definitely filthy, and one of the most gunked-up fuel tanks I've ever dealt with, the piston/cylinder are in very nice shape, so the rebuild will consist of new rings and a pass or two through the cylinder to deglaze it for good ring seal, a carb rebuild and standard misc parts replacements.

She's totally disassembled now and has gone through phase one of the cleaning process. Next is media blasting, parts hunting, sub-reassembly, paint and then final assembly. This one will go in an Alaskan Mini-Mill to square-up logs. 80cc's should be more than enough grunt to do the job, and at significantly less that I'd spend on on of those other "more modern" newfangled jobs! Me, I'd rather stick with American-Made tough stuff like these old Macs!

I want to convert her over to an automatic oiler, so if anyone has the correct stuffer and fuel tank/oiler parts, let me know. Also need rings (std), gaskets, seals and so on.

Here's some pics of how she looked when I got her yesterday. Will add more pics in subsequent posts showing progression of the job.

More Pics of the 1-43

Additional Pics.:D

Packed up after disassembly and off to see the wizard - the cleaning wizard that is!:laugh:

yup

Yep, divide 3 by 8 and that's what you get.

Lol, I knew 3/8" and .375 are the same as far as dimensions go. What I don't know much about is chainsaw chain nomenclature. Pitch, drive tang width, full chisel, semi chisel, all this is pretty new to me. I've been cutting with .325 x .050 on 16" bars for nearly 20 years and never needed anything else. Till I came here... :msp_love:

1-43 for milling

Hey Prof, If you can find a rim style clutch drum, your saw will be much happier with 3/8 pitch chain when milling. just a thought.:bang:

Lol, I knew 3/8" and .375 are the same as far as dimensions go. What I don't know much about is chainsaw chain nomenclature. Pitch, drive tang width, full chisel, semi chisel, all this is pretty new to me. I've been cutting with .325 x .050 on 16" bars for nearly 20 years and never needed anything else. Till I came here... :msp_love:

Yeah, I try to stick mostly to the same kind of saws so I don't have to worry around with that stuff.

Back