McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Powder Coat color swatch

You read my mind! I'd like to powder coat it all. Can you hook me up with the right color mix? I have the Eastwood tool so would get my supplies from them. Maybe I could mix up some of thier colors?
Hey, my bud has his own PC business. He has more powder than most, so we started mixing powder and came up with this swatch. It's pretty dern close. PC is the way to go if you want it to last. I'm sure we can hook you up with some PC work :clap:

Little yaller saw out of the trash bin

chainsaws020Large.jpg

Clean tank cover with color swatch. These classic lines remind me of a '69 Ford Torino :msp_drool::

chainsaws030Large.jpg

chainsaws025Large.jpg

Hey, we did some for the green boys too, I posted them in the green saw thread.

Hey, my bud has his own PC business. He has more powder than most, so we started mixing powder and came up with this swatch. It's pretty dern close. PC is the way to go if you want it to last. I'm sure we can hook you up with some PC work :clap:

Little yaller saw out of the trash bin

chainsaws020Large.jpg

Clean tank cover with color swatch. These classic lines remind me of a '69 Ford Torino :msp_drool::

chainsaws030Large.jpg

chainsaws025Large.jpg

Hey, we did some for the green boys too, I posted them in the green saw thread.

Looks nice. How much cake to PC that top tank.

And what is swatch?

Lee

And what is swatch?

Lee

ASk your wife what a "swatch" is :)
no,cant do that Lee,you end up spending all your time repainting the interior of the house once she goes looking at all those paint swatches they have at the paint stores..they are just a sample of the color on a piece :)

And what is swatch?

Lee

:msp_lol:
Swatch is a swiss watch, I think.

What are you asking Lee? I reckon roncoinc answered one querstion.
That is the factory finish on that tank cover. It appears to be powder coated from the factory. Does anyone in the yellow saw business know what came on these from the factory? is it paint or powder?
we used polyester powder for that "color sample". :msp_laugh:

I have a question for the Mac experts here... is it possible to make a "sleeper" PM610? You know, increasing it from 60cc to 80 or more... :) Figure it'd be funny :poop: to see a PM 610 own another saw at a gtg... :D (this is just a random question... I do not have the donor saws neccessary to make such a product)

Gtg?

I have a question for the Mac experts here... is it possible to make a "sleeper" PM610? You know, increasing it from 60cc to 80 or more... :) Figure it'd be funny :poop: to see a PM 610 own another saw at a gtg... :D (this is just a random question... I do not have the donor saws neccessary to make such a product)

ProMac610,

I hate to sound like an ignoramus, but what's a gtg?

Hey my first ever Mac was a 605 factory recon. I still use it regularly and it has been an excellent saw over the approximate 18 years I have owned it. Your idea of making a sleeper-saw is intriguing! I think it would be a major fabrication project, but I'd guess an 80cc shortblock would be a good starting point to brainstorm from!
Hmmmmm ........:dizzy:

That is the factory finish on that tank cover. It appears to be powder coated from the factory. Does anyone in the yellow saw business know what came on these from the factory? is it paint or powder?

First, I don't know. I understand powder coating and polyester paints started in the late 40s or early 50s. I would guess "No" maybe baked enamel. I'm pretty sure MAC predates polyester pants just as many AS members do.

If you PC friend does small jobs, I may have a SP81 to be done. I would need to know in addition to the $ what prep is needed.

BTW package mailed today.

Ron

ProMac610,

Hey my first ever Mac was a 605 factory recon. I still use it regularly and it has been an excellent saw over the approximate 18 years I have owned it. Your idea of making a sleeper-saw is intriguing! I think it would be a major fabrication project, but I'd guess an 80cc shortblock would be a good starting point to brainstorm from!

gtg= get together. A time for showing off yer sawyer skills and all yer neat saws. Or just hanging out and having a good time

ProMac610,

As the guy with the sexy lady leaning on a green tractor said, Get ToGether. That's gtg. No reason to be ashamed of not knowing what it meant, I was the same until I read enough threads and made te connection. :cheers:

I do think it would be quite the sleeper... :D I would love to piss off some guy with a new Stihl 60cc saw while running my "60cc" PM610... :jester:

First, I don't know. I understand powder coating and polyester paints started in the late 40s or early 50s. I would guess "No" maybe baked enamel. I'm pretty sure MAC predates polyester pants just as many AS members do.

If you PC friend does small jobs, I may have a SP81 to be done. I would need to know in addition to the $ what prep is needed.

BTW package mailed today.

Ron

10-4. I'm sure we can do it with no problems. No prep work on your end. We prep it a certain way for this process to work properly.

Pro Mac 555 IPL

I'm working on a potential convert. He's has just acquired a PM555 for his small saw; his other saw is a 7+ cube orange and white. We don't want him to wiggle off the hook -so does anyone have an IPL I could give him? I have some parts I know will work but I don't know how big of a project he has gotten himself.

He asked me why the 555 was made for just one year and I told him it was probably just a rebadge by MAC's marketing department - does anyone know otherwise?

Thanks, Ron

I guess i know what a swatch is now.
Although i never heard of them paint chips
being called that.

As for factory powder coat. I would say yes.
I have beed blasted many nos Mac parts and most
are miserable to get stripped.

Lee

Just a follow up to my questions about the pro mac 805 I came home with.
I may have an 800 to go along with it and possibly the parts for the first.

That leaves me with finding a piston and ring for the 805. Any sources? I haven't found anything online.

I guess i know what a swatch is now.
Although i never heard of them paint chips
being called that.

As for factory powder coat. I would say yes.
I have beed blasted many nos Mac parts and most
are miserable to get stripped.

Lee

I'd have to agree with you on this. It sure looks like powder on these saws. And like you stated, it is a bear to blast off.
Now the green ones, on the other hand, have overspray on the flywheels and under the clutch covers and such that gives it away that it is sprayed with paint.

Just a follow up to my questions about the pro mac 805 I came home with.
I may have an 800 to go along with it and possibly the parts for the first.

That leaves me with finding a piston and ring for the 805. Any sources? I haven't found anything online.

Do you have a IPL? If you do google McCulloch and the part number. The part numbers for many of the 82CC variations are "A" cylinder - 92518, "B" or unmarked cylinder - 92519, and "C" cylinder - 92520. These are out there and come up on eBay from time to time. I don't know that a 805 is the same but it probably is. (Be careful with the PM8200 as it has a different part number than the 80, 81, 850, 800 and DE 80 and has a three piece crank so it might be different.) You can expect to pay $60 to $80 for piston and rings. Ron

Latest posts

Back