McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks good, but somehow the cover is starting to oxidize, even with the clearcoat. I don't understand how it can do that. It should be sealed with the clearcoat. I guess I will just have to paint it yellow after it gets worse.

Oxidation is like a cancer. If you don't get every last molecule it spreads, and sometimes it is tough to get it all. Even with the clearcoat keeping most of the O2 off the surface it will grow. I'm not sure of the answer on how to properly elliminate it, but I would like to hear ideas.

It looks good, but somehow the cover is starting to oxidize, even with the clearcoat. I don't understand how it can do that. It should be sealed with the clearcoat. I guess I will just have to paint it yellow after it gets worse.

IMG_20110311_071603.jpg

Thats sick :msp_thumbsup:

Randy and others out west, I know you're close to the coast. Hope this tsunami deal comes to nothing. Still, stay safe out there.

Oxidation of flywheel cover

Seems like oil solved the oxidation on the Kart motors we used to run. They were always covered with the mist that came out of the carb at hi rpm.
That polished saw is real nice. I am thinking about doing that to my 101s, as I ain't going to pay the price for chrome covers.

BTW: It was cpr that did it.

Where was the earthquake? Tsunamis are mean!

According to the talking head on the screen, looks like its coinciding with low-tide. That should help.

Back