McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is that 101B Mac. This one has the Kart colors on it. Awesome saw!!!!

Picture no workie:bang:

I saw the you tube of saw shop talk and he went over the cart engine on there. Decompression is under the heat shield kind of hidden.

I think the SP125 is my favorite saw of all time.

Here is mine.

024.jpg

:msp_thumbup: A comment worth the listening as I note a Husqvarna 3120XP in the signature line. Ron

Promac, pics or it didn't happen, just kidding. :msp_wink:

You asked for it, you got it. :msp_flapper:

Along with explanations of what's going on with each bench and so on...

Here you see my primary workbench. Covered in mostly metal shavings on the middle to right side, and a McCulloch 790 and a few of its parts on the left, and then a crappy little bench grinder and a bunch of paper on the far left.

attachment.php

Here you see my secondary workbench, covered with a Ryobi SS30 trimmer that the parts that I ordered a month ago finally came, and a newly acquired saw for the sissies around in my house so they will at least help me cut some firewood. Also the mini drill press I got from my grandpa. It works good.

attachment.php

Here is my tertiary work table, covered in a mess of tools, most of which are Taiwanese stuff, but found a fair bit of Crapsman and Husky in there too. Not much to get all excited over... we recently acquired all of these tools from my neighbor, whose son-in-law finally moved out after so long of a time here. He needed to get out of here since it was just too depressing to him, so he went to Arizona. Neighbor heard back from him, and things are going well.

attachment.php

Here is the floor by my workbench. More stuff... you do not want to see what the rest of the barn is like... it's literally crammed with stuff right now. Kinda frustrating at times, but I wouldn't turn down a good project even though I've already got tons of them already crammed up my ass. :laugh:

attachment.php

And here is the flywheel and 790.

attachment.php

PROMAC-

Always good to have something to do but 1 question......

WHERE'S THE BEER????

lol just for a few of you PBR fan's here.

they were outfitted with the tillotson HS70A and SDC 20 for performance and the HS124A had no high adjustment.

I just looked at the carb and now I see that it is missing the H screw.

I pulled the saw over slowly by hand and it is not oil locked like I thought. I think the compression built up as I did not push the decompression valve when trying to start it the other day.

I really doubt it will run without cleaning the carb first but I might give it a whirl tomorrow.

McCulloch Sprockets

Randy or Ron - whoever was looking for .404 sprockets for the 10 Series gear drive saw...I think (but I have not first hand experience) that the 9/16" bore are for the 10 Series G saws, and the 19/32" bore for the big gear drive saws.

Try Discount Marine, I know he has the .404 sprockets for the big gear drive saws and in fact I need to order a few more.

Mark

1-51

Here's a question about my 1-51.

i have gone thru the saw to the best of my knowledge (still in the learning stage) and have cleaned everything up and everything looks good to the eye... again the saw was running top notch when the handles got smashed 20 or so years back... i have gone through the carb and put in a new kit new plugs good spark and has a lot of compression when you first pull the rope over piston and cylinder look good through the muffler and spark plug holes but... before and after i installed the carb kit the saw has no top end will only stay running in the top end if you feather the choke to about 1/2 and find a sweet spot if you do not choke it it will go up into the top end and then die ( if not choked ) does not matter if the saw it warm or cold and the carb was set to what tilly recomends and i did the same settings on my 250 and it was pretty close what do any of you guys think up for things to look for...
Reed Valve
Bad Plug (its new but reading some of the recent post have me thinking)

btw i do not have a way to comp test it but in know it pulls harder than my 250 and that has 150 psi.

PROMAC-

Always good to have something to do but 1 question......

WHERE'S THE BEER????

lol just for a few of you PBR fan's here.

That there Smirnoff box has some light bulbs in it... :D

If the opportunity shows up, I'll have a sip of PBR and decide if that's what I'll drink for turning 21. ;) Some reason, the Blue Light really gets the engine going... :D Saucy commercials, love the 'Late day at Work' one... ;)

:msp_thumbup: A comment worth the listening as I note a Husqvarna 3120XP in the signature line. Ron

Yeah I am putting that saw up for sale. I need to update my signature line. I have all sorts of Mac's now. CAD.... meet Yellow fever.......lol

lol sry didn;t know your age... well i guess that means that ill have to have say hi to capt. morgan for you... lol happy early bday whenever to comes around.

That there Smirnoff box has some light bulbs in it... :D

If the opportunity shows up, I'll have a sip of PBR and decide if that's what I'll drink for turning 21. ;) Some reason, the Blue Light really gets the engine going... :D Saucy commercials, love the 'Late day at Work' one... ;)

lol sry didn;t know your age... well i guess that means that ill have to have say hi to capt. morgan for you... lol happy early bday whenever to comes around.

np. :) Only 2 years and 3 months away. :)

Jeebus, we're getting some serious lightning and thunder around here. Probably should get the lanterns... :)

same here pretty neat all that untamed power.

I wish I could figure out a way to store all of that energy and use it to power the house... :) That'd last for a long time. I was thinking maybe capacitors? Would that work? Get some mega ultra massive capacitors and put a big pole up for the lightning to strike, which runs the volts down to the capacitors and thus store it...

Just hope that untamed power doesn't result in a tornado... thankfully, the last big one to go through was in the 50's, but it turns out that the path went right through our front yard...

nice though edison... to keep in the mac though you might need to use a MAC generator to beable to run the electronics needed to clean and move the power to a moveable state.

I wish I could figure out a way to store all of that energy and use it to power the house... :) That'd last for a long time. I was thinking maybe capacitors? Would that work? Get some mega ultra massive capacitors and put a big pole up for the lightning to strike, which runs the volts down to the capacitors and thus store it...

Just hope that untamed power doesn't result in a tornado... thankfully, the last big one to go through was in the 50's, but it turns out that the path went right through our front yard...

Latest posts

Back