McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I had a couple yellow saws, but I just didn't bring them. I did get to run Buzz's SP125C. Sorry but I didn't try the PM 700.

Buzz's 125 was pretty sweet man, I really liked that saw. His work was really, really nice. I have a 6 cube Mac right now im working on, just waiting for the rings in the mail.

Chris

My 7-10 is my favorite small McCulloch hands down. That saw really rips and yet is reasonably light weight making it suitable for swinging around all day.

Last spring I put the 036 Stihl down (out of gas) and picked up the 7-10 to keep going. There was a detectable performance boost there, but with that comes some pretty noticeable vibration.

One of these days I am going to have to try one of the grip treatments that several have mentioned to see if it will help minimize the tingling in the fingers.

Mark

ok wheres the metering lever is that right below the welsh plug?
the diaphram and gasket are in the correct order im 99.99% sure
and i have removed the fuel line with just gas line as a test and no change, and i have removed the filter.

i have opend up the h jet to about two turns maximum no big change if anything i had to choke it more to keep it running.

137 - I am still thinking carburetor/fuel delivery issue.

Are you sure the metering lever is correctly set?

Metering diaphragm and gasket in the proper order?

Did you replace the fuel filter and fuel line in the tank?

I don't think the reed valves would cause a problem like that, what happens if you open the H jet a bit further?

Mark

Here's Ron's Super Pro 101... :blob2::blob2::blob2::blob2:

$%28KGrHqMOKjkE1uDQBwyMBNqOIUfiQw%7E%7E_12.JPG

$%28KGrHqEOKpIE1qn127P1BNqOJkYRVQ%7E%7E_12.JPG

arrrg. pics are dead for me...
Unregard - I cut and pasted the URLs and all went well.

Buzz's 125 was pretty sweet man, I really liked that saw. His work was really, really nice. I have a 6 cube Mac right now im working on, just waiting for the rings in the mail.

Chris

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments.

btw, I'm taking up chainsaw carving so I put a quarter tip bar on the first 125.

attachment.php

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments.

btw, I'm taking up chainsaw carving so I put a quarter tip bar on the first 125.

attachment.php

Holy mackerel, I didn't know anyone made a quarter tip carving bar for such a big freaking saw... :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

How can you expect to be precise with that long of a bar... I thought the point was to get in close with a small saw with a short bar for the most control. Then again, it sure is fun to go overkill sometimes... :) I wanna do that with the 12 gauge with a slug on the woodchuck... :laugh:

ok wheres the metering lever is that right below the welsh plug?
the diaphram and gasket are in the correct order im 99.99% sure
and i have removed the fuel line with just gas line as a test and no change, and i have removed the filter.

i have opend up the h jet to about two turns maximum no big change if anything i had to choke it more to keep it running.

This is from my McCulloch Carburetor thread, showing how I set the metering lever flush with the body of the carburetor. I don't remember exactly where the lever should be set on the Tillotson HL but you might check out Gary (GASoline71) thread for additional details.

180790d1303345834-dscn0633-jpg

Mark

My tag in the airbox shows it is a SP125 as it is 600076 with serial number 11-11054

I will post a picture of the muffler later(Mark)

My model has all yellow covers on it I think and I see Marks posted one has black on it. Which one is the earlier model?

Has there ever been a best quessed HP on these units?

Didn't get to the computer at all yesterday Shane, so I couldn' check the IPL's until now. Sorry...

A bit late, since you already figured out what saw you have, but I'll go ahead and post the block numbers since I said I would. May come in handy for somebody in the future...

The block # for the CP125/CP125C is 84071.

The block # for the SP125/SP125C is 91110.

Hi guys. I got a Mac question. I have a Mac bar, 28'' I think, 3/8, the number is 86847 SJ. The tip says 'speed mac', 86830.

Can anyone tell me how many drive links I need? This bar has been modified to fit one of my pioneers. I want to order some chains and go make some noodles!;)

Thanks.

It should be 92. Ron

My 7-10 is my favorite small McCulloch hands down. That saw really rips and yet is reasonably light weight making it suitable for swinging around all day.

Last spring I put the 036 Stihl down (out of gas) and picked up the 7-10 to keep going. There was a detectable performance boost there, but with that comes some pretty noticeable vibration.

One of these days I am going to have to try one of the grip treatments that several have mentioned to see if it will help minimize the tingling in the fingers.

Mark

I have a 036Pro and a PM700 both of which I have owned since new. My observations are the same. I understand that the 7-10 might be a little hotter than a PM700. I can only do one tank on my PM700 before my hand goes numb; I have thought about trying some of those anti-vibe gloves but I haven't yet. Ron

Didn't get to the computer at all yesterday Shane, so I couldn' check the IPL's until now. Sorry...

A bit late, since you already figured out what saw you have, but I'll go ahead and post the block numbers since I said I would. May come in handy for somebody in the future...

The block # for the CP125/CP125C is 84071.

The block # for the SP125/SP125C is 91110.

No problem I have been holding a candle light vigil until you returned:biggrinbounce2:
Where on the block should I locate these numbers?
Thanks for the info:msp_thumbup:

No problem I have been holding a candle light vigil until you returned:biggrinbounce2:
Where on the block should I locate these numbers?
Thanks for the info:msp_thumbup:

:hmm3grin2orange:
Now that's funny Shane!:clap:

The numbers should be on the bottom of the block, usually to the right of the "T" shaped casting boss. They're not always there for whatever reason. I think the "block number stamping" guy on the McCulloch line had a serious drinking problem and was either seeing double or passed out much of the time. He probably was a nephew of old R. P. McCulloch, so the foreman couldn't fire him...:cheers:

Not so much a thief, but crooked. Teslas AC was better than Edisons DC, but Edison CO. had more money and exposure and spread false claims on how dangerous AC was. Either way, Franklin was the kite and key, Edison was the light bulb, and Tesla was the Alternating current we use for primary power today. How dos Mcculloch fit in to all this:msp_smile:

McCullochGenerator.jpg
:msp_thumbsup:

Back