McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, it's a McCulloch chainsaw, It has a big plastic top cover that says "Titan" on it. I think it's a Titan 50.

I could use:

1)Air Filter Element #85387

2)Starter Handle #91255

3)Three Oval-Head 8-32x1-1/8" Screws #110646

4)Handle Insert #89400

5)10-24x1/2" Pan Head Screw #102500

6)#10 Washer #10002

7)Spike Kit #86330

8)Two Hex Head 10-24x5/8" Screws #102388

9)Two 10-24 Hex Nuts #101191.

I could get most of the screws and such locally of course. Don't know about the oval head screws.

I'll have to check my inventory tonight but I believe I can fix you a care package with 1, 3, 4 and 7 (spike only). I may have 8 & 9 with my extra spike but I'm not sure.

Ron

You're gonna love the 850... great saw, about the weight of a 610, but about twice the power... They are thirsty saws though. :)

(have you been seeing what they're going for on feebay? :dizzy:)

The 895, if you're lucky, all that happened is the rings rusted to the cylinder. Oil soaking will help, penetrating oil would work better. Once you get it free, it should wear the rust off with normal running. A good check through the engine wouldn't hurt in case the crank bearings rusted up too or something like that.

Some of the old Macs, if sitting for 10 years will develop corrosion in the starter assembly and will not pull. It feels just like the piston is stuck. My 1-42 was like that. When I freed up the starter it turned over easily.

Some of the old Macs, if sitting for 10 years will develop corrosion in the starter assembly and will not pull. It feels just like the piston is stuck. My 1-42 was like that. When I freed up the starter it turned over easily.

Interesting... I will have to remember that. Makes plenty of sense to me...

Hey thanks to all off you for the help, I cant wait to fire that puppy up. It looks like the saw was stored correctly , I removed the plug and with a pencil eraser I can move the piston.

Looking for an air filter, and a bar and chain.

anybody seen one of these sell ? i need to know what its worth so I can add it to my homeowners insurance.

Last edited:
Hey thanks to all off you for the help, I cant wait to fire that puppy up. It looks like the saw was stored correctly , I removed the plug and with a pencil eraser I can move the piston.

Looking for an air filter, and a bar and chain.

anybody seen one of these sell ? i need to know what its worth so I can add it to my homeowners insurance.

I guess that's another plus for having all these cheap little Poulans and Homelite Super 2s...no insurance.

I'll have to check my inventory tonight but I believe I can fix you a care package with 1, 3, 4 and 7 (spike only). I may have 8 & 9 with my extra spike but I'm not sure.

Ron

Good news:

#1 - new.

#7 - used includes 8 & 9 with washers (the bolts are slotted hex heads but have a raised rim so I'm not sure they are genuine).

Bad News:

#3 - I thought I had 5. I need two. You need three. I found none. I organized all my parts recently so I might have used them on the three saws I sold. Or they might be with my 125 parts but I doubt it.

#4 - my spare is a 89320 which fits a PM850, etc. It has a different shape then the 89400.

PM your address and I'll send them to you. If I find #3, I'll mail them to you. As you know you can't get these in a hardware store which is why I gathered some. I have plenty of the longer recoil housing screws.

Ron

Insure it for $750.00, in early 1970's dollars.

$4210.00 in the year 2010 has the same "purchase power" as $750 in the year 1970.

The 2010 observation is preliminary and may change.

Source note for "Purchasing Power of Money"

Wow.

Sucks that we lost a Mac man last year. He probably was another source of priceless knowledge that we all could benefit from.

Warning: Temporary derail...

I has a job!!!!! :eek:uttahere2::blob2::rock::cheers:

Chevy plow truck that needs new head gaskets... the taking apart part has been done, it was parked outside for a while since the heads were being rebuilt. Spent about two hours scraping old head gasket material off of the engine block... :) Another two or so cleaning various parts. About 20 minutes looking for an e-clip for the boss... :cheers:

So in the end, that means more yellow saws and parts!!! YAY!!!!:rock:

This concludes this :spam: post...

Latest posts

Back