McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b1bdfd84a62088a7ef32aece5c348c82.jpg

Here is what they look like if anyone is wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walter -I can think of two possibilities:

1) Many of the oil caps on the older 10 Series saws had a wedge of felt pressed in to act as a sort of filter and to prevent oil from flowing freely out with the saw was on its side, lots of those fell out an ended up in the oil tank

2) If someone was careless when they were reinstalling the automatic oil pump the adjustment sleeve and the "pump pad" fell out that small felt pad could be easy to overlook as they were retrieving the pieces

Rob - The 1-50 is 80 cc and would have been equipped a more conventional manual oiler chain oiler in addition to the Lubri-Mac system that redirected crankcase "residue and condensate" to the bar. Unless you want a collectible saw for a few cuts at a GTG you would be better off looking for a later edition. The 1-50 has a removable head and bushings rather than bearings in the wrist pin. $25 to $50 max in my opinion...but then I already have a pretty nice one. I believe this one came from Philbert.

IMAG2485.jpg

Colton - Check with Bob Johnson (607 638 9297) as he as a lot of bits like those.

Mark

Thank you Rob and Mark
Still confused on that piece
Final assembly this afternoon, cleaned carb, fueled up and a couple squirt down carb and she lives!
Starts good, responds to carb adjustments and seems real good on compression.
Will mount a bar tomorrow and cut some wood.
Report results then haha

c9e0de7f56cf0cab952b1aab041b3d73.jpg

Got my piston and cylinder back from US Chrome today! Unfortunately I didn’t notice those little clips that hold the nuts in place and am now missing 4 of them. . . Does anybody have any they could spare?

Mine came back missing all of them. I need some also.

Brian

Thanks Mark! Although that number you listed almost seems like a fax number?

Colton - When Bob doesn't answer the phone, it rolls over to a fax machine. He doesn't use e-mail or other forms of electronic communication.

Brian - McCulloch supplied the power head (I know of 795 and 7-10 based units) to Target to produce their Quickie Cut Off Saw.

DSC01081.JPG

DSCN1078.jpg

More recently I encountered the Danarm 55 model saws that look a lot like a 1-10 McCulloch. I haven't gotten into mine any further than removing the AF cover.

20171226_132722.jpg

Those are the only blue ones that I can think of right off the top.

Mark

Ugh. Never had this much bad luck. Have my favorite 10-10 tore down for rebuild. So was using my 1-43 and stihl 08s. Cut all.my fire wood last year with those two usually dead bang reliable. Last weekend Iin the woods 1-43 stopped picking up fuel and 08s stopped fireing had to finish load with a homie super ez lol. So got both tore apart on bench and will be cutting wood with myn610 650 frankensaw this weekend.
But it does bring up a need I have been pondering. I need a more midsize range of saws these days cause I am older and im not into as much bigtimber these days. Cutting tops behind loggers mostly. I have 7-10 cp70 or xl 12 or pioneer farmsaw that all run but need work that would be good midsize saws. Which would you guys suggest

Alright guys. . . Ran into a road block today and not sure what I need to do to progress. Was working installing piston tonight on 125 and noticed that my piston is missing the ring locator pins!! Can they be added somehow? What do you guys recommend?

[QUOTin="heimannm, post: 6442540, member: 8552"]I agree with Walter that the 70 cc McCulloch is a real energetic saw. I love my 7-10 but I wouldn't want to run it all day due to vibration. The CP70 would be a sweet mid size saw indeed. I have a really nice CP70L than needs to get used a lot more.

View attachment 623147

Mark[/QUOTE]
Cool I will prolly run a compression check and go with the healthyer of the two. Or fix both lol

Well I managed to scan the 30 page Danarm 55mk2 ( all models ) and the upgrade mag supplement manual, but it came out as a 20 meg PDF file, and the site will not let me upload it!

Roland

There are a variety of sites where you can upload the files and share them online (openly or with password access). Probably easier than trying to break files up.

Rob

Latest posts

Back