McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh not together yet
Found the lever height too high and my fuel cap fix not relieving. Took 30psi to pop the gas cap. Needs some work and will run again tomorrow.

Checked pump side of carb and all good
Back together ready to fire up later this aft.

Edit: cannot get a clean running, idling engine. Starts excessively hard so back to basics.
May try the carb from the CP70L
Man you gotta hate that auto decomp when it gets reset and you pull the bar into your shin on the next pull! Kinda makes one appreciate the lever style decomp!

I am putting another one back together though will let you know on that and I will probably list on ebay

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hi everybody umm ok I have an opportunity to buy a pro mac 800 whats the parts availability on these old girls? I intend to use it a bit here and there. I have a pm10-10 and parts are easy enough but i cant find much for the 800. I also have a comango and there seems to be more parts around for that over the 800?

Hi everybody umm ok I have an opportunity to buy a pro mac 800 whats the parts availability on these old girls? I intend to use it a bit here and there. I have a pm10-10 and parts are easy enough but i cant find much for the 800. I also have a comango and there seems to be more parts around for that over the 800?
If no one said it yet, welcome. Don't know what the market brings down your way, but I just bought a nice running 550 for $35 USD. My rule of thumb, for collecting, is over 70CC's, so that's a keeper. Unless it's in really good running condition I wouldn't break the bank to get it. Not sure of parts availability, one of the Mac guys will be along shortly.

I had it running like champ before I went and don there, Bog. Not sure what happened.

I'll get to it after I finished going through the ATV. Ride coming up soon.
It's always the way. I had the 7-10 running like a scalded dog at home, got there and it didn't want to idle and seemed to be lacking power in the cut. Guess I gotta do a little more tuning on it. Darn Walbro carbs always seem to test my patience lol.

Here in the states most any part is readily available for an 800 other than cylinders which are scarce. Many interchangeable parts with the entire lineup of 82cc MACs. Completely interchangeable with PM805 and I believe the Super PM850.

Ron

Ok cool thanks so the 800 is the chrome Q port jug yea? Can the cast bore 850 jug be used? I recall in my research somewhere that the ignition and mufflers dont fit the older type?. And whats a fair price to pay it may cost me 250 to 350nz so 170 220ish us. Its on trade me.co.nz. if anyone wants a look.

i'm not sure about NZ, but here in Aus, I paid $80 for my PM800 off Gumtree, and it had been there for months with no interest. It did have a broken clutch, but $50 later it was good to go. I have since replaced the AV mounts and done some work to the oil pump. If it runs, and the AV mounts aren't torn like mine were, its probably good. I have seen them fetch $250 on ebay around here. Parts are easy to find - I usually buy them on ebay or chainsawr.com from the US.

Latest posts

Back