McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheapest I can get them to go is $80 plus the $28 shipping......... not sure I should do it, a little steep for a non runner that might just turn out to be another 54cc saw.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Well, I caved and bought it. Now I wait. This is the second saw I've bought from this seller so I know the shipping will be slow. The last one turned out to be a 5-10! Hoping this one is a 6-10. The anticipation is gonna kill me lol.

Well, I caved and bought it. Now I wait. This is the second saw I've bought from this seller so I know the shipping will be slow. The last one turned out to be a 5-10! Hoping this one is a 6-10. The anticipation is gonna kill me lol.

Thats fun, like playing the lottery only your gonna win either way! I can't wait to see what you get.

I've used jb to fix gas tanks and clutch covers but Danm! You'd have to probably take it off to degrease it anyway for the jb to stay and at that point I'd probably just replace it.
I'll sometimes get slabs for fire wood and stack them up 4' high and ratchet strap them together basically fighting pinching and kick back but I've never even snapped an adjustment pin , someone had to really heave on that thing to brake that!
I believe that any 10 series tank will work.
I bought this saw last summer for around $129,I thought I got a good deal on it,apparently not.A couple of months later I saw another PM700 for $45,it had no spark,no chain brake,& the carb needles were turned in all the way.I reset the gap on the ignition module & got spark,I had a chain brake here that just fit right on,& I adjusted the carb.The $45 special runs better than this other piece of crap.
I don't know if a 610 tank will work,if it does then I'm good to go.I saw a pic of the tank,which I believe is part of the crankcase,& it looks much different than a 610 tank.I'll give Bob J.a call tomorrow.
BTW,which way do I turn the clutch nut to get it off?
Ed

I bought this saw last summer for around $129,I thought I got a good deal on it,apparently not.A couple of months later I saw another PM700 for $45,it had no spark,no chain brake,& the carb needles were turned in all the way.I reset the gap on the ignition module & got spark,I had a chain brake here that just fit right on,& I adjusted the carb.The $45 special runs better than this other piece of crap.
I don't know if a 610 tank will work,if it does then I'm good to go.I saw a pic of the tank,which I believe is part of the crankcase,& it looks much different than a 610 tank.I'll give Bob J.a call tomorrow.
BTW,which way do I turn the clutch nut to get it off?
Ed
Reverse thread.
I put a 3 jaw puller around the clutch and drum and pop she'll come off the tapered crank.

The oil tank from any of the rigid 70 cc saws will work. You cannot use a tank off any of the smaller saws as the 70 cc and up have the bearing insert on the PTO side, all of the 82 cc saws are anti-vibe and so would lack the necessary mount for the wrap handle bar. The CP70 oil tank would also work, even though it is an anti-vibe saw it used the handle bar mount as part of the anti-vibe mount system.

DSC03669.JPG

Mark

Hey guys it’s been while. Pulled out my PM 8200 I bought a couple years ago and trying to get running. Good news it’ll run with gas down the carb! First time I’ve gotten it to do that. Coil was pretty well off the flywheel. I see a little scoring on the piston. Compression is 145-150 psi. What do u guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a tank/bottom end (used) for a 7-10 from him for a surprisingly good price. Hopefully he can hook you up too!

Hope you get something good! They're kinda odd - it's annoying that all the descriptions start the same. Even more annoying that they don't answer questions.

Mark the sprocket that I have is a 5/8" pitch and the hole thru it and the diameter of the shaft is 15mm exactly. I'm thinking that it has been called 19/32 =.5938 but the shaft is 15mm =.5906. That would make sense because the bearing is a metric size and there is no step in the shaft.
The puller was my prototype to see if it fit and I am going to make a better one. You are correct in it needs to be stronger.
Thanks for the tip on the bars.
Wish my manuals would get here so I can figure out how the kill button detent works. Mine just goes in or out with no stop.
It has been so cold that I can't wash it down. Crazy north wind. 20200412_155426.jpg

Hey guys it’s been while. Pulled out my PM 8200 I bought a couple years ago and trying to get running. Good news it’ll run with gas down the carb! First time I’ve gotten it to do that. Coil was pretty well off the flywheel. I see a little scoring on the piston. Compression is 145-150 psi. What do u guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thnk 145-150 is really good. Itll run just fine. I bought one several yrs ago. Piston was shot but the cylinder was very good, no marks at all. Just a little transfer that cleaned off fine. I had to get a piston though. Bob j had one and boy was it pricey. $99.00 plus shipping. The kit was piston, rings, pin, clips. Thats the only way mac sold that piston was in a kit. Not to mention that saw uses its own and unique piston. Id run it.

My buddy has bought 2 saws from her, both were also $80.00 best offers. Both turned out to be 70cc. A 7-10 and a cp70.they both run great to. The cp70 just needed a boot. The 7-10 needed a little more effort but it runs too. Good luck and let us know!!

I've done the same on my 610's.I don't understand why the shoes are locked outward towards the clutch drum.I thought it broke a spring,but not so.
Ed
Could be any number of things, rust ,too many washers and the clutch tightens up with use or drum is warped?
I put a new rim sprocket Oregon on the 10-10 I took pics of Saturday, and if you follow the directions the clutch locks to the drum with the washers stacked up.

Mark the sprocket that I have is a 5/8" pitch and the hole thru it and the diameter of the shaft is 15mm exactly. I'm thinking that it has been called 19/32 =.5938 but the shaft is 15mm =.5906. That would make sense because the bearing is a metric size and there is no step in the shaft.
The puller was my prototype to see if it fit and I am going to make a better one. You are correct in it needs to be stronger.
Thanks for the tip on the bars.
Wish my manuals would get here so I can figure out how the kill button detent works. Mine just goes in or out with no stop.
It has been so cold that I can't wash it down. Crazy north wind. View attachment 817498
I see for that shaft there's a. 404 x 8 tooth ! That would make her spin nice!

Back