McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here in VA we will cut the oaks, locust, hickory and such lol
All the good wood :) oak n euc n radiata pine is the go to round here. Radiata at about 40 years gets really sticky n burns like crazy usually around 30 inch at 40 years. Euc gets huge too real fast. A good lump of bluegum and a lump of oldman pine wahoo

I've been at the 1-10 again.I pulled off the bullfrog carb & the tank handle too.I've put on a tank handle from a 10-10 that was already drilled for the mounting bolts.I had to put in a thicker tank spacer than the original one that was in it.I was going to put an SDC3 on it,but now I'm leaning towards a nice SDC37.I just love those 37s.I need to hunt up a couple more parts - throttle & choke rods,& cut down on the length of the carb mounting bolts.I had to replace the condenser shortly after I got the saw.When I saw Bob J.last week he told me he never bothered with used condensers.I wonder how many perfectly good condensers he threw away over the yrs.?

On the subject of SDC carbs, are there any performance gains to be had by putting a SDC 37 or 44 into a SP/CP125? I tore mine down today and discovered I need to add an impulse hose, crank bearings, some recoil parts, and a nice Duke's intake boot to my shopping list, and if I'm blowing money anyways if a bigger SDC would wake it up I might as well get one of those too.
IMG_0048.jpegIMG_0050.jpegIMG_0051.jpegIMG_0052.jpegIMG_0053.jpeg

On the subject of SDC carbs, are there any performance gains to be had by putting a SDC 37 or 44 into a SP/CP125? I tore mine down today and discovered I need to add an impulse hose, crank bearings, some recoil parts, and a nice Duke's intake boot to my shopping list, and if I'm blowing money anyways if a bigger SDC would wake it up I might as well get one of thos
I have 37A's on mine... and yes they do..."wake them up" imo I know I got a spare from Mark H as a backup a few months ago. He may have more

Latest posts

Back