McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MM1 should have a 5/16-18 LH thread on the clutch. I have clutch assemblies and/or parts available.

Assembly is 83906 ($7.95 + shipping)

Spring is 63958 ($3.00 + shipping)

The 110, 120, 130, 140, EB models etc had a straight bore clutch held on with a nut. I think the nut is 5/16-24 LH but don't trust me on that one.

There were at least 8-10 different clutches used on the small saws even though the same drum works pretty much across the board. Two and three shoe clutches, zinc or steel shoes, straight bore and threaded (with and w/o a hex), and several different thread sizes and pitch including some M9 x1.5 LH which it totally odd.

Mark

I wanted to thank Knightmax. I got the coil I ordered from him and got it installed in my Pro Mac 700. Fired up on second pull. Got the carb adjusted and just got back in from cutting a small load of firewood. Runs great, starts on first or second pull hot or cold.

Attachments

• 656F961B-FB7C-4105-BAD2-1341F7825668.jpeg
    656F961B-FB7C-4105-BAD2-1341F7825668.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
I wanted to thank Knightmax. I got the coil I ordered from him and got it installed in my Pro Mac 700. Fired up on second pull. Got the carb adjusted and just got back in from cutting a small load of firewood. Runs great, starts on first or second pull hot or cold.
Glad it fixed the issue. Enjoy it, and thank you.

Dang that's a mint 700
It's more rough on the front. Someone got overzealous with carb cleaner I think and rolled some paint off. Still nice tho. I restarted it later after the fresh fuel had sat in the carb for a bit and it sounded drastically better. I plan to stick the bar back on after bit and test a little further.

Including the teeth rattling and ears bleeding feature!
I had a really clean 10/10.
A young guy at work just purchased some property a few years ago and needed a chainsaw but didn’t have any money so I gave it to him.
I couldn’t hack running that 10/10 because of the vibration. My 700 doesn’t seem to vibrate near as much as the 10/10, not sure why or if that’s been other peoples experience

Love the 70cc macs. Great engines. Im not a big fan of the 54cc engine. Ive got a 3 and they just dont have the same response. Nice saws just not my favs. I do have a couple 57cc and they do much better. A pm55 and 10-10s. They will run well but those 70cc engines will rip. Ive got lots of those and love hearing them run. Ive got fixed jet carbs and adjustable carbs on them ive got a 125 carb on my 6-10. They seem to be very forgiving and love the throttle!!!

And why at a young age I fell in love with the A/V Macs... It didn't hurt the first A/V I had stuck in my hands was a SP-81...sorta been stuck on the 82cc A/V Macs since. The noise.... Well they sound like what I grew up thinking a saw should sound like. I just wear ear protection now

Love the 70cc macs. Great engines. Im not a big fan of the 54cc engine. Ive got a 3 and they just dont have the same response. Nice saws just not my favs. I do have a couple 57cc and they do much better. A pm55 and 10-10s. They will run well but those 70cc engines will rip. Ive got lots of those and love hearing them run. Ive got fixed jet carbs and adjustable carbs on them ive got a 125 carb on my 6-10. They seem to be very forgiving and love the throttle!!!

Every once in a while I'll run across a 54cc that just sings and really surprises me. One was my 20 over bore. Most are just very reliable good cutters. Ive had an electric chip change a 10-10 surprisingly well too.
I'm gonna do a 30 over later this year also, I had the plug hole rewelded and a little bit of the combustion chamber filled in, should be a ripper.

I used to have an old carbed Harley with the rigid mounted engine that vibrated like a paint shaker. The vibes were ridiculous, but damn if that thing didn’t sound AMAZING. That’s how I feel about my 10-10, but less vibes than the Harley. 🤣

When my Mac cutting arsenal is complete, I will have a Mac 6 for tops( have one patiently waiting for assembly) 10-10 ( already have several of these) for average firewood, my 700's ( x3now) for the larger firewood , my 1 850 just for fun and then eventually a 125 because, well you know it's like a hidden rule that every Mac lover MUST have a 125!!!!!

Latest posts

Back