McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it is a 6-10. Seriously though, early 7-10s had the DSP instead of the decomp button. No key way on the clutch side of the crank for a RH starter. I have seen an IPL for a left hand start 6-10. You could always put a 7-10 cylinder on a 6-10 crank.
I beg to differ on the no key way on the crank statement.I bought my 1st 7-10 about 5 yrs.ago & when I went to do a test cut the chain stopped.I took the clutch off to find it was missing the woodruff key

Thanks Rocker,
I have another mutt I’m playing with, broken off tag
No DSP or button. Black one piece top tank with idle provision only, takes the flat air filter.
Handle is quite tall.
RH start
Reed flat muffler
Cleaned points and it sparks
Piston and cyl borderline ok looking. Many treatments of marvel and premix gas to flush some brown stuff from crankcase. Rings free, move a bit in piston groove
Gave it a fuel line and it started 2nd pull, ran, revved, quit. Airbox swamped with fuel.
I’m gonna pull and seal the tank and rebuild carb and maybe have another runner, probably 54cc, lol.
These ol macs are pretty tough.

Never know with Mac it seems
Talking to my wife driving yesterday and she was confused about how these mac models are difficult to identify unless you really know your stuff (like many here). I told her these 10 series are the AR15 of chainsaws. Have a bunch of parts, can probably build a saw. She understood. Wish mine was a LR308 version (6-10). Ha.

Talking to my wife driving yesterday and she was confused about how these mac models are difficult to identify unless you really know your stuff (like many here). I told her these 10 series are the AR15 of chainsaws. Have a bunch of parts, can probably build a saw. She understood. Wish mine was a LR308 version (6-10). Ha.

That pretty much sums it up. Good way of explaining it actually.

Vinny here has built a few odd balls out of bits. Used a 7-10 cylinder to make an AV saw. Then again that might re start the 70cc debate 😅🤣😂

I've got an E.B.2.3 (Wildcat) & it doesn't have a bar spacer.The IPL shows it having a spike (part # 236992),is it necessary,or is it optional?

Edit:Since making this post I found that the saw uses a 54 DL chain on a 16 in.bar.
Also,how many drive links on a 16 in.chain for it?
I believe 54 DL stands for 54 drive links.

Ron

Back