McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are lots out there to use. I have used with great success, red rtv. I have also used clear rtv. I do prefer the red cause i can see where it isnt better. The key is that you dont use too much. A very thin layer is it. Not a bead, not a gadket thick but very thin. If not it can squeeze into the engine and it also can squeeze a bearing too tight.

I think the 7-10, 6-10 etc. are the best all-rounder. I like my SP81 and my large frame saws, but I think the 7-10 wins for me as a package. Strangely enough though, my favorite out of my saws is actually my 2-10; but, I did warn it that I like my 7-10 so it better behave or sink to number 2 :laugh:.

I have a soft spot for any McCulloch with a RH start and a push down decomp in the handle (like my 2-10) so I have to get my 6-10 is running properly.

I think the 7-10, 6-10 etc. are the best all-rounder. I like my SP81 and my large frame saws, but I think the 7-10 wins for me as a package. Strangely enough though, my favorite out of my saws is actually my 2-10; but, I did warn it that I like my 7-10 so it better behave or sink to number 2 :laugh:.

I have a soft spot for any McCulloch with a RH start and a push down decomp in the handle (like my 2-10) so I have to get my 6-10 is running properly.
Yea , I like the 7-10’s over the PM700 👍, there strong saws in a smaller package,

A local fellow emptied his truck in my shop a week ago Saturday, there is a 7-10 in the mix...

View attachment 1131284

Mark
A local fellow emptied his truck in my shop a week ago Saturday, there is a 7-10 in the mix...

View attachment 1131284

Mark
I’ve never run a 7-10 yet. I bought my 700 new in 1988 and have taken excellent care of it still has the original 28” bar on it. It is a strong running saw that will pull the 28” bar and a sharp chain thru oak with no problem. What’s the apples to oranges comparison?

In an unofficial side by side comparison, my old 7-10 with new rings was noticeably faster than a really new PM700; I think the cant may have been oak or hickory...

Mark
I’ll have to round one up for the collection!

Latest posts

Back