McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since i was feeling ambitious i also swapped crank shaft seals on a mini. Tried to get lucky with just doing the clutch side first but that didnt work.
nou7vt.jpg

e9w5le.jpg

2ljqlpz.jpg

n7zuf.jpg

2h2jad0.jpg

Great pictures, looks just about like mine, but I need a source for the electronic conversion and some seals for both sides .............. also, can you go into the history behind those witness marks on the old seal ?:D

Great pictures, looks just about like mine, but I need a source for the electronic conversion and some seals for both sides .............. also, can you go into the history behind those witness marks on the old seal ?:D

That nova chip can be found on eBay for dirt. PM me for a site on the seals.

A small flat head screwdriver, a ball pein hammer and a pair of needle nose is the last thing those old seals saw.:D

mini air filter

Im assuming you are talking about a mini, that being said the Air filter cover was prob pressing up against the hook on the recoil spring.

was wondering if it'd be worth grinding a bit of the black filter cover away to avoid that scenario - i had a problem with it too until i sussed it?

I guess i'll be the first to post a small Homelite on here

View attachment 271694View attachment 271695
Little Super 2 that a friend gave me. Said that his brother could not figure out what was wrong with it so he gave it to him. Probably just a carb problem. This one is a older magnesium one with the adjustable high speed so I think I will keep it and fix it. Never liked working on these because of all the gas/oil lines and how dirty they get inside, but looks like a good limber!

I did not get a chance to talk with IT on Friday, if I have some time during the coming week I will see about some file sharing site to get the MM Service Information out there. So far no one has been able to receive the files @ 8 MB+ each.

If all else fails, I can try to break it down further and send in more pieces.

Struggle, I have your CD prepared and hope to swing my on Monday or Tuesday. I will be in touch.

Mark

I did not get a chance to talk with IT on Friday, if I have some time during the coming week I will see about some file sharing site to get the MM Service Information out there. So far no one has been able to receive the files @ 8 MB+ each.

If all else fails, I can try to break it down further and send in more pieces.

Struggle, I have your CD prepared and hope to swing my on Monday or Tuesday. I will be in touch.

Mark

Did you see my post #147 ? I think that's a better solution without I.T. getting involved.

I saw that Mike, still takes time and patience to work through the steps, sometimes that is not so easy for us old timers. I will see about it when I am a little more refreshed.

Mark

Gotcha. I can help if needed. Let me know.

Anyone who has a hissy about working on the EB 110's and similar needs to play with an old Solo 600 top handle like I have just got my hands on. A royal pita to pull down and work on but I hope to have it up and running soon.

That nova chip can be found on eBay for dirt. PM me for a site on the seals.

A small flat head screwdriver, a ball pein hammer and a pair of needle nose is the last thing those old seals saw.:D

Thanks Dennis ............................. sending PM

Also, I put a 20" vac and 10# of pressure on the case last night, after blocking off the carb and the muffler, and the needle held under both pressure and vacuume. It does not appear that the seals are actually leaking now, even sprayed the case and shaft seals to be sure while under pressure and to see if the puddle disappeared while under vac ................................... its all good !!

Looks like nuthin but carb problems, or possibly the old "points making you think carb" problem ?

Thanks for all of your help Dennis !!!!

Some more ...................................... and I did NOT loose that "special" washer under the points housing

Thanks Dennis ............................. sending PM

Also, I put a 20" vac and 10# of pressure on the case last night, after blocking off the carb and the muffler, and the needle held under both pressure and vacuume. It does not appear that the seals are actually leaking now, even sprayed the case and shaft seals to be sure while under pressure and to see if the puddle disappeared while under vac ................................... its all good !!

Looks like nuthin but carb problems, or possibly the old "points making you think carb" problem ?

Thanks for all of your help Dennis !!!!

Looks good man, at least you can eliminate the crank seals and the oiler seal too if its holding pressure/vacuum. Only thing that sucks about using new points is they have to be adjusted after you run them......aka tear it down again:D

Dennis

Eager Beaver 2.3

Anyone know of any place to get a new oil cap for one of these saws? Thanks....

Latest posts

Back