McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are great knock around saws, worth $50 ( i personally wouldn't pay more) running each on ebay and sell damn near that price for a parts saw.

Yea I had a guy try telling me that one was a pro saw. I told him off. Basically the only real saw that McCulloch made in the 90s that was close to a pro saw was the 10-10. Very nice saws. I mean the other Mac's were OK, but nothing professional. Very good occasional users tho.

Super 2 and my small McCullochs as of now

Just need to clean up that Homelite more and put in lines and she should be good. Others are my McCullochs (unfortunatly there all newer models) Mini Mac 110, Ms1839AV, and Eager Beaver 2014. Eager Beaver is going to my buddy real soon and I plan on fixing that 110 this summer and pissing with that other one soon. View attachment 272040View attachment 272041

All I have is a pile of used points boxes that are going to make there way from the bench to the garbage can........mysteriously:D

Hows about a link to a supplier for that electronic ignition ?
This way, my points box can easily go the same way !!
Thanks !!!

I broke the MM General Service Information down into parts, I think I have it sent to all who asked.

If you want a copy and don't have it yet (check your e-mail, 5 parts) send me a PM with your e-mail address.

Mark

Thanks for the effort in getting this sent out, Mark. I know it wasn't an easy task.

Just need to clean up that Homelite more and put in lines and she should be good. Others are my McCullochs (unfortunatly there all newer models) Mini Mac 110, Ms1839AV, and Eager Beaver 2014. Eager Beaver is going to my buddy real soon and I plan on fixing that 110 this summer and pissing with that other one soon. View attachment 272040View attachment 272041

I could have that 2014 running in 30 min:D

Heres the correct way, the top hole out of the tank should have a shorter return line without the fuel filter on it. It runs to the SHORT side of the primer bulb. From there you run the LONG side of the primer bulb to the side of the carb with the H and L adjustments.
2jh5k6.jpg

Yeah I know that when I received the saw the top hole was feeding the carb coming from the fuel tank and the lower was going to the primer bulb ill have to switch that around and hopefully she will run again
Also how long of line do i need going into the tank off the primer

Yeah I know that when I received the saw the top hole was feeding the carb coming from the fuel tank and the lower was going to the primer bulb ill have to switch that around and hopefully she will run again
Also how long of line do i need going into the tank off the primer

Couple inches is fine but it will only pick fuel up to prime if the tank is full or so.

I broke the MM General Service Information down into parts, I think I have it sent to all who asked.

If you want a copy and don't have it yet (check your e-mail, 5 parts) send me a PM with your e-mail address.

Mark

Many thanks Mark - that's going to save me some aggro.

Much appreciated

Mike

Thank for your help overtrained
I got it running this morning but now i think i need crank seals and they dont look fun on this little 3818

Last edited:
Thank for your help overtrained
I got it running this morning but now i think i need crank seals and they dont look fun on this little 3818

Is it running on choke only? Make sure that plastic intake is tight underneath the carb before you go nuts. You will have to take the crankcase apart to do the seals, its not difficult just take your time.

Not that I can recall, no spark?

yep,
it was driving me nuts swamped a mag from a newer saw still no spark check the continuity nothing..
put a jumper wire to the block with the original coil and points and it runs like a top
i forgot how much it smoked from burning bar oil :jester:

No it runs and idles but will surge when turned on its side mainly the clutch side

Sent from my Slim Photon using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back