McCulloch mystery

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrRogers

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a McCulloch Timber Bear (model 11-600134-14) that was given to me by my father in law. I did a tune up and got the motor running nicely but the sprocket has been sheared off of the clutch housing. Don't know how this happened but I am having trouble finding a new one. I don't know the part number and therefore don't know if some of the parts that I've found online (locally we have nothin) will fit. I appreciate any input.

If you've got the Timber Bear 3.4 or 3.7, a clutch drum for a Pro Mac 605/610/650 and other 10 series Macs will fit. PM700, 850, etc. They all use the same clutch drum.

As for it being sheared, probably too many full throttle chain brake engagements. Some users like to test it every time they fire the saw up. Needless to say, it can cause problems...

Or it may have been defective. Rare case if so.

If you've got the Timber Bear 3.4 or 3.7, a clutch drum for a Pro Mac 605/610/650 and other 10 series Macs will fit. PM700, 850, etc. They all use the same clutch drum.

As for it being sheared, probably too many full throttle chain brake engagements. Some users like to test it every time they fire the saw up. Needless to say, it can cause problems...

Or it may have been defective. Rare case if so.

So how do I find out which model I have? There are no markings anywhere on the saw, except model and serial numbers, to tell me what model it is. Thanks for your reply.

So how do I find out which model I have? There are no markings anywhere on the saw, except model and serial numbers, to tell me what model it is. Thanks for your reply.

Does it look like this yellow/black saw in upper part of picture?

attachment.php

To the OP - Can you post a pic of this 'sheared' drum/sprocket? McCulloch did have what can best be described as a 'one-piece' rim & drum .... the rim was welded onto the drum.

Whichever you need/prefer, I can probably help you out. Please PM me.

Did that just wear out?
I have never seen one shear like that.

Looks like it had chains put on it over and over again. I've got a spur sprocket/drum laying around that isn't that far from doing the same thing.

Notice the newer Oregon bar in the pictures he posted.

MrRogers, send a private message to Ted like he said to, he'll take care of ya.

that's pretty intense that it wore out just from use. Must've seen alotta wood. Thanks everyone for your help

Yeah, she doesn't owe a damn penny. That sprocket has given all it has, and more.

Could happen to a Stihl too...

Sure.... It could happen to any saw.

Still upset I tried to deter you from porting an 08S?
I'm not a die hard STIHL fan. I drink the orange koolaid too! The green koolaid, blue koolaid, red koolaid......

If you need 08/08s parts I have a few. Including a complete crankcase.
Just let me know & they're yours.

No hard feelings Mr.Mac

Back