McCulloch super pro 60 can’t remove auto Oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
71A0ED86-A0BE-4E09-B4C6-CAC5E8E4700A.jpeg 06937769-0EE1-46B4-A563-FCFBC02DF51A.jpeg So I picked up this super pro 60 saw with original bar last week and it runs great. Compression is good and manual Oiler works fine after loosening up the lever. Auto Oiler does not work and the air filter is missing. I also found the rewind body is cracked but holding.
I bought this saw because I wanted to restore something to show to my friends and others how much sass have changed today versus first/second gen one man saws. After realizing that the engine and rubbers were is excellent condition I decided to tear it down keeping track of where everything goes in order to clean it up properly.
I have it fully apart and realized after removing the gas can assembly (gonna be a chore putting this part back on properly) that the auto Oiler does indeed fasten from inside the oil tank. There is one black screw and removing it doesn’t seem to loosen the pump, and I don’t want to break it using any more force than I already have trying to remove it.

I have searched this thread which shows the pump and how it works but it does not show how to remove it

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/mcculloch-10-series-oiler.249620/

Did I miss something? Help me out and in the end you will see a nice sp 60 perfectly clean running great :)

Nobody? Well gonna take another stab at it when I get home, maybe I jus gotta pry it down a little harder once that black screw is out...

054F7537-5EE1-4345-B352-FD2360ABFFB7.jpeg 46FA4F46-6574-4274-82DC-F190AA96538E.jpeg 8D9B918E-6054-4BF9-B591-7C053A3B37E1.jpeg I did not see the separate sticky section when I made this post, I did look through it and did not find what I was looking for.
I did manage to get it off though, I had to punch a pin through the back side after removing the screw and it free’d up.
Noticed the gasket was overlapping the holes significantly, I fixed this and after she’s all together I will see if I’m getting oil. I played with the plunger and it was working properly pumping oil, moved very easily too so we will see what happens

Hard to believe, but sometimes big McCulloch saws need you to just thin the bar oil with mixed fuel or just throw some mixed fuel into the bar oil tank until its full. Then they start oiling the chain as if they were new. That's happened a few times with my 610 TimberBear. Try a bar oil thin out to get it going again.

Hard to believe, but sometimes big McCulloch saws need you to just thin the bar oil with mixed fuel or just throw some mixed fuel into the bar oil tank until its full. Then they start oiling the chain as if they were new. That's happened a few times with my 610 TimberBear. Try a bar oil thin out to get it going again.
Haha genious! That would probably clean out any gumming for sure I love it. I’ll remember that for any future projects.

Well I finally got it all back together, finished cutting the gaskets and started to assemble. Hardest part was actually getting the carb back in and not the gas tank.
It fired up after about 20 pulls and ran pretty strong, I was completely out of carb cleaner to check for any air leaks but I did manage to get the auto oiled working. I initially could not get the manual Oiler to prime, so I left it and came back after about 10 minutes and I guess any air that was in the oil system found its way out cause the Oiler worked then. After I fired it up I was getting a nice steady stream of oil out of the hole from the auto Oiler, to say the least I was quite happy.
I should have time today to test for air leaks, I won’t be surprised to find the side seals no good, but they did look mint with no signs of oil.
Need to find an air filter as well, after those two things it will be ready for the field.
Thanks for watching will update in the future

Latest posts

Back