Mculloch 610 plug help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Working on my friend's 610. The carb is out of adjustment. Finely got it to idle today. Runs a bit rough checked the plug and i think it was a rcj8y. I looked up plugs came up with a few numbers. RDJ6 RDJ6H DJ8J. Which plug runs the best in them?

Model 60004129

Serial 13-053753

Thanks

im a ngk man now. i used to use champion that is why i had the book. dame book you used to see in walmrt. bpmr7a is ngk plug

I've got a similar question.... I've picked up a couple Pro Mac 610s, one of which runs (ran it for a few minutes, anyways, it smoked like a chimney had dirty ait filter dirty plug probably dirty muffler screen the muffler looked oily, and it prob had 40:1 in it).

The two that had plugs (including the one that runs) have Champion DJ8J in them. The IPL for this saw lists a Champion RDJ6H which doesn't seem to be a valid identifier anymore. I've also read that the AC Delco CS45T will fit/works.

My question is which plug heat range should be best - esp since not all plug manuf use the same scale? Since the OEM one was a Champion 6, should I stick with that?

I've run the NGK BPMR7A in my Stihl 028 before , and I'm a fan of NGK plugs in general. In the original Stihl 028 owners manual, it lists both the Bosch WSR6F and NGK BPMR7A. The 028/038 Service manual lists the Bosch WSR6F and Champion RCJ6Y.

(Both Stihl manuals say "heat range 200" or "heat value 200", which doesn't make sense unless it is some odd German scale)

What plugs are y'all running in these 610's? These big old yellow bricks saws seem to be out there in a lot of numbers still. I think these will be fun as all get out, not to lug around but to buck a lot.

I've run Champion DJ8J in my 610 without problems.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

Almost all older American chainsaws used the J6-J spark plug,some plug charts may upgrade them to a J7 or even warmer J8(which was Champions plug for most small engines,even 4-stroke),J6 was the 2-stroke plug while J8 was the warmer 4-stroke plug. The "J" in the end of the nomenclature meant 2-stroke plug,and they had a slightly different tip design.
Champions plugs have become pretty crappy over the last 30 years,an NGK,Bosch or Denso equivalent is a much better choice today.

Latest posts

Back