Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I got it - and thanks!

As we discussed in PM's I'm having trouble installing it. My older DVD ROM drive doesn't seem to consistently recognize the disc and it is behaving screwy. Thinking it's time for a new computer anyways as this one is close to 5-6 yrs old (but I built it top of the line back then, so it's held up well). Since it's on a DVD I'll need to get a DVD burner drive before I can pass copies along. Another reason for a new PC...

-Dave

Did everyone get what I sent? Anybody else besides davec having problems?

I got it and thanks! It installed OK but wiped out the '07 version I had on the computer of course. I noticed that the IPL's are not .pdf's in the '09 version, cant remember if the were .pdf's in the '07 version. So I can't just save a IPL to .pdf now.

Did everyone get what I sent? Anybody else besides davec having problems?

mine installed over the 07 version. it seems to work just fine.
the only problem i saw was while installing it said something about an upgrade and asked do you want to install it? i said yes and i got a dialog box moments later that said it couldn't update the disk. i let it go and it runs fine.

i have one 09 copy left.
1st PM gets it.
:cheers:

mine installed over the 07 version. it seems to work just fine.
the only problem i saw was while installing it said something about an upgrade and asked do you want to install it? i said yes and i got a dialog box moments later that said it couldn't update the disk. i let it go and it runs fine.

i have one 09 copy left.
1st PM gets it.
:cheers:

I saw that same error the first time i ran it, when it appeared to work...until it wouldn't work anymore later on. Really weird.

kr5258,
Thanks to your kindness, I received the 2007 version today. Had no worries installing. Set computer at Jan '07 and did a minimal install (need to keep disc in) saving the selected files to a folder in my doc's.
When you return the computer to current date the files saved are readable. I printed off the ones I want and have the CD for next time I find a chainsaw.

Pity there are no workshop manuals for my 066 or 084. Are these available on other editions?

kr5258, you are a good bloke!

Anyone needing a 2007 Mediacat disk please pm me. Australian members please take heed!

I might have a hard copy at the shop for the 084. I will check this Saturday, if I do its yours!

Kris

My Mediacat '07 version worked for a few times fine. Had to set the clock for Jan '07 but that is OK. Now when I tryto install it tells me it is out of date - even though the clock on my computer is set back in '07.
What have I done wrong? Anyone else experiencing this?

Nardoo

My Mediacat '07 version worked for a few times fine. Had to set the clock for Jan '07 but that is OK. Now when I tryto install it tells me it is out of date - even though the clock on my computer is set back in '07.
What have I done wrong? Anyone else experiencing this?

Nardoo

Uninstall everything having to do with the program you can then use a registry cleaner..may have to run it in "safe" mode to get the registry entry the program leaves with the date stuff. then not %100 guranteed to work..
I still havent had time to find a workaround..
need to find another registry tracker to see what it does then hack..what i have tried so far dont work :(

Is there any chance I could get a copy of this?

How hard is it to install? I know absolutly nothing about computers, I check CL, email and this site, that is it.

Thanks

Uninstall everything having to do with the program you can then use a registry cleaner..may have to run it in "safe" mode to get the registry entry the program leaves with the date stuff. then not %100 guranteed to work..
need to find another registry tracker to see what it does then hack..what i have tried so far dont work :(

hurry up with that work-around!

my 07 ran fine, every time. i installed 09 over it and now it tells me i have xx days left before i need a new dvd or new key. it says that no matter what date i set the calendar.
not good.
i have been using mediacat like crazy lately. i can't let it go now!!!!:dizzy:

today it tells me i have 8 days. :cry:

hey ronco,
i have a registry editor. if you knew what to look for for me to delete and get 07 to run again that'd be great.
unfortunately i don't use a registry editor... ever. when i search it for 'stihl' or 'mediacat' i get numerous 'hkey' hits.

any idears which one would contain the date code that keeps us from succesfully re-installing?

Try uninstalling the program with Revo Uninstaller. This is a good free utility program that I use to cleanup remnants of programs that are left in the registry. Has other handy uses as well.
THEN try to reinstall the '07 version.

My mediacat is still running just fine and it says 0 days left. supposed to have to buy the new interenet key, but mines not hooked too it anyways.

So who knows how long this thing will run. Ill leave the date alone, and guess Ill find out

I solved the problem. My boys got me a complete older model computer and set it up in my workshop. I set the the clock to 2005 and Media Cat works fine.
Now when I am trying to figure out which 026 part I need I simply look at the screen right there on my work bench. Man I feel like I am part of the future! :)

Thanks kr5258!

Latest posts

Back