Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, just trying to follow... What are the options available? The last good foolproof version, no expiration, etc, was/is 2012?
2013 needs to be rolled back before opening? 2014? What needs to be done?

The 2012 expires in 50 years? Who is asking for what? A foolproof 2012 is much better than a later version that will give trouble...???

I'd like a copy too. The latest copy that doesn't expire would be nice, but I'll take a roll back version if that's all I can get. Thanks

The v3.33 (commonly referred to as the non-expiring version) will work until you've already been dead for a while. The last catalog associated with that version was the 2011 catalog.

The later 5.x versions are a completely different format with no known "modification" allowing for non-expiration, hence requiring one to roll back the date on a computer to make it work. I believe the first v5 catalog was the 2012 catalog. The latest I'm aware of floating around here is the 2013 catalog.

Fish started this thread some time ago as a way to perpetuate the bootleg distribution of the MediaCAT CD through a chain letter style idea. Ya get a copy of the CD and make 3 or 4 more and send em out to folks who request em, they make a couple copies to pay it forward, and so on...

So far the chain still has a few links, though the software program that was previously the prevalent commodity because it was hacked to never expire, (a license is required for a legit version), has been superseded by a newer version that has yet to be "fixed" aside from needing to be installed on a computer with the date rolled back in order to work.

The latest non-expiring version is v3.33 with the 2011 catalog and is still a great resource being passed around.

Fish started this thread some time ago as a way to perpetuate the bootleg distribution of the MediaCAT CD through a chain letter style idea. Ya get a copy of the CD and make 3 or 4 more and send em out to folks who request em, they make a couple copies to pay it forward, and so on...

So far the chain still has a few links, though the software program that was previously the prevalent commodity because it was hacked to never expire, (a license is required for a legit version), has been superseded by a newer version that has yet to be "fixed" aside from needing to be installed on a computer with the date rolled back in order to work.

The latest non-expiring version is v3.33 with the 2011 catalog and is still a great resource being passed around.
Is that why my Media Cat doesn't seem to work? It worked when I first got it, tried it a few days ago and never did find the IPls or shop manuals..Mine's a 2010 v 3.2.9

Well, I must confess. I received a copy of v3.33 a few weeks ago from Rockfarmer. It was kind of a 1 on1 deal, he was just helping me out. I didn't know (or realize) of this chain letter until I stumbled across this thread a few days ago. Just like Wanabe, I read every dang page, so I could see the evolvement, from start to current.

Rocky mentioned making a couple of copies & sending them to other people, but, when I said I didn't know how to do that, he told me to just pass this one along when I was done with it. No, I'm not blamin' Rocky, I'm a little slow sometimes and I probly missed something.

Now that I'm up to speed (sort of), I will get some help makin' some copies & getting them out there. This is a cool deal & I want to help keep it rolling. It's gonna take a couple days to figure this out, I'll let you guys know when I have them ready.

Oh yeah, sooner the better, cuz I want to get off Poge's "**** list".

I could really use any info available for Stihl. I'll pay for it, not interested in stealing it.

I could really use any info available for Stihl. I'll pay for it, not interested in stealing it.
It's a good idea to read a few pages of this thread to see how this works. If you don't want to read them all, then probably the last 10 pages or so would be enough to enlighten ya.

Anyways, the only "payment" required, is to make at least 2 copies of the disc & send them to the next people requesting them.

I read somewhere in here, that the use of currency is not recommended for liability reasons. Some guys even mailed to overseas recipients without accepting postage reimbursement. The big deal seems to be getting EVERYBODY to comply.

Well, I must confess. I received a copy of v3.33 a few weeks ago from Rockfarmer. It was kind of a 1 on1 deal, he was just helping me out.......

Oh yeah, sooner the better, cuz I want to get off Poge's "**** list".

Hahaha! Hell, Rory runs the principal's office around here! LOL Nah, man. I woulda sent ya a "one-off" myself if I thought it would have helped with your particular project. As you've realized, the content available on the CD isn't exactly a road map for all the 050/051/075/076 changes over the years!!!

Is that why my Media Cat doesn't seem to work? It worked when I first got it, tried it a few days ago and never did find the IPls or shop manuals..Mine's a 2010 v 3.2.9

There's one way to find out!

Could also be that the catalog itself is simply gone from your hard drive. If the application starts it should at least give ou the option to either repair, add, or update the catalog

There's one way to find out!

Could also be that the catalog itself is simply gone from your hard drive. If the application starts it should at least give ou the option to either repair, add, or update the catalog
I think my problem is I bought a new computer, Windows 8, and am just having trouble installing the media cat. I'll eventually get it I think.

Latest posts

Back