Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, pretty much what I am tryng to say, the older versions were on cd, the 2012 was sent to me on dvd. Sorry, I was assuming we were talking about the 2012 version, the later versons haven't gotten the time expire figured out yet, have they?
Yes, by all means, if it is on a cd , copy it to a cd, if it is on a dvd, copy it to a dvd.
My point is, just do a straight copy, don't pull it apart and play with the files.
If someone has figured out how to fix the expire dates on the latest versions, let us start doing those copies.

Reposting this for guys having trouble - especially with a Macintosh computer, where the software will not load, but individual files can be accessed:

Open 'STIHL' folder.
Open 'SCS 01-2010' folder.
Open 'Resources' folder.
Scroll down 2/3 of the way to find PDF files marked 'RA-xxxxx' (service manuals) and 'TI-xxxx' (technical information).
Open these with Adobe Acrobat, or something similar.

Philbert

helpful info right there for any mac users running v3.3 2011. still no idea what manual is what but at least now I can hunt and peck my way around til I find what I need. Anyone got a legend/key for the PDF file names that corresponds to the actual models?...thanks again lowvolt and philbert.

SLD961 I PMd you re mediacat.

I've asked a few times. The problem is I don't know how to make copies. I offered to pay for it or pay for some copies to be made but that never amounted to anything.

Everybody that recently requested a copy get one?

I am going to ask again..... Does everyone have a copy that wanted a copy?

If you don't have the capability to duplicate a disk, don't request one. If you get on here once a year, don't request one. This is not the free mediacat thread. Your end if the deal is to duplicate the disk twice and send out the two copies costing you no more than $8.

Comprende?

Sorry just seeing this now. I will try and send a PM, see to not have the best luck with PMs lately though. Thanks.

I work on alot of Stihl and Husqvarna saws. We don't have much for info on the Stihls.
The Husqvarna book... it's a binder about about 4" thick and held together with duct tape, sweat, grease and some magic haha!

I will help you out. It takes me about 30 sec to make 3 copies. I have a cd duplicator at work. Pm me.

I am going to ask again..... Does everyone have a copy that wanted a copy?

If you don't have the capability to duplicate a disk, don't request one. If you get on here once a year, don't request one. This is not the free mediacat thread. Your end if the deal is to duplicate the disk twice and send out the two copies costing you no more than $8.

Comprende?

do we cannucks count? I can and have made copies so if at all possible hook me up

As a Mac user, I am just accustomed to being told that it is 'my fault' when things don't work ("Ooooooh, . . . . it's a MAC....!").

Not sure which version I have - there was some confusion if it was even copied correctly when I got it, and I was told not to redistribute it due to potential errors (?) But I was able to 'open' the disc (maybe 'explore' for Windows users?) and copy the .PDF files without all of the other stuff that did not work anyways on a Mac. I have to explore these files manually, but still a lot of valuable information. Thanks. Hope this helps others.

Philbert
I run a Mac and I bootcamped windows 7. I can run IOS and windows at the same time . It's great for those silly programs that don't like IOS

Sent from my phone when I should be working

do we cannucks count? I can and have made copies so if at all possible hook me up

Happy to. Postage will prob be a little more but I'm sure its still reasonable. Half the change in my pocket is Canadian, along with all the beer in my fridge :)

PM me your address and I'll get it sent this week.

Latest posts

Back