Melted coil wire/Pioneer P39

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johninky

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Got to use my new to me P39 today and the old girl just stopped middle of a cut. Looked at it tonight and saw why. The coil wire melt where it touched the cylinder. This is a new coil and would like to save it. Any advice how to remove the wire from the coil? Appears to be "glued". Could attempt to post a photo tomorrow.

Got to use my new to me P39 today and the old girl just stopped middle of a cut. Looked at it tonight and saw why. The coil wire melt where it touched the cylinder. This is a new coil and would like to save it. Any advice how to remove the wire from the coil? Appears to be "glued". Could attempt to post a photo tomorrow.

It can be removed or it can be repaired as already stated using shrink wrap. To remove them I have cut the wire off flush with the coil horn where the wire comes out of the coil body, then using a pick, sometimes my Dremel tool with a very thin diameter ball end cutter slowly remove the glue and wire insulation from the well holding it in place. The wire is usually sort of screwed onto a threaded central post, be careful not to damage that, a few small nicks won`t ruin it but don`t break it off. A new coil wire just screws back on and some sort of RTV sealer around the wire at the base will keep moisture out.

Latest posts

Back