Melted coil wire/Pioneer P39

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johninky

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Got to use my new to me P39 today and the old girl just stopped middle of a cut. Looked at it tonight and saw why. The coil wire melt where it touched the cylinder. This is a new coil and would like to save it. Any advice how to remove the wire from the coil? Appears to be "glued". Could attempt to post a photo tomorrow.

Got to use my new to me P39 today and the old girl just stopped middle of a cut. Looked at it tonight and saw why. The coil wire melt where it touched the cylinder. This is a new coil and would like to save it. Any advice how to remove the wire from the coil? Appears to be "glued". Could attempt to post a photo tomorrow.

It can be removed or it can be repaired as already stated using shrink wrap. To remove them I have cut the wire off flush with the coil horn where the wire comes out of the coil body, then using a pick, sometimes my Dremel tool with a very thin diameter ball end cutter slowly remove the glue and wire insulation from the well holding it in place. The wire is usually sort of screwed onto a threaded central post, be careful not to damage that, a few small nicks won`t ruin it but don`t break it off. A new coil wire just screws back on and some sort of RTV sealer around the wire at the base will keep moisture out.

Latest posts

Back