Michigan GTG/Race

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinTurboRam

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Mark your calanders August 25 with a 1 pm start. Located in Newberry Michigan. I am trying to help orgainze this event so Ill list some details below. Show will be over the wood racing. Classes will be 0-3 cube 0-4 cube 0-5 cube 0-6 cube and a 6 cube and over and an unlimited class. There will be bucksaw, 2 man crosscut, jack and jill crosscut, stocksaw, and 2 antique classes. We are going to give away a new saw to the winner of the stock saw class. The bucksaw and crosscut saw will be supplied for this show. This will be good for amatures because of the over the wood format. There will be some saws to run and try out as well. There is 1,000 dollars to give away thanks to some local sponsers. We will be having a dinner after for anybody that comes. This show will not be for professials competitors. This show will be good for woods port saws or just stock saws hope to see lots of people!!!! I will be posting more details as I get them as we are just getting this organized. Thanks!

Derek

Here you go TTR to give others a idea where your at for this one.
newberrymi.jpg

oh-mi.jpg

Thanks for the maps!!!!
Wood to be cut will be 8x8 poplar or white pine. That will be for all events except the stock saw which (dont quote me on it) will be one cut in 20" wood. Hope this turns out well as it is going to be an annual event if all goes well.

Kentucky is a much better place to hold something like that. You'd have the pleasure of my company if it were here. It would be something to tell your grandchildren about later in life.

I can see it now... "Gramps, tells us again about the time you saw "The Haywire" get his *** handed to him at the show in Lexington back at the turn of the century!"... "Again?", said the gray bearded and chain scarred Derek, "Ok kids, gather around the plasma stove and I'll tell again how it was in the old days when we could still run the old piston engines."

hehe,
Ian

TTR and CSC, Talked to EJ and he said he has one of the lighter Baileys throwing axes that CSC could try out.

C4F are you going to this for sure?? You need to bring over that axe sometime so I can at least get a feel for it so i can practice up a lil bit b4 i go all the way up there and embarass myself:rockn:

CSC this gtg is in august, you better get ready for Luther and fife lake in mi, June 30th and July 1st. I will be at both of those as of now.
Tell TTR I have axe target set up and bring some :cheers: and lets all throw some for practice.
CopyofTargetmaking005.jpg

CopyofTargetmaking003.jpg

Last edited:
C4F,
Better make that target a lil bigger for me ;) I think Id be better off starting with somethin bout 5' in dia...or maybe like an old trampoline stood up on end with a buch of cardboard taped to it in layers so your axe dosent get too chewed up. My luck though.....the axe would bounce back off and stick in my body somewhere, maybe we better scrap the trampoline idea. :D

C4F, now you are going to have to come over here and throw a lil bit. TTR has his technique down pretty good!! thats scary!!

EJ's MI GTG

I think this is the MI gtg that people had pm'ed me about. So here you go, bumped it up for you guys.

August 25 with a 1 pm start. Located in Newberry Michigan.

Latest posts

Back