Michigan Logger wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marklambert61

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Michigan logger who can provide me some Red Oak logs.

Max dia 30"

Max length 16' 6"

Need 2000 BF

Mark

I have been anxiously waiting to see if you get a response. It would be nice to know how and where you can get a large load of logs I called a company 20 min. from me in clinton Mi. tri-country logging and was told they "Don't" do that and they use all they can get for themselves plus it would be very expensive they didn't elaborate and I didn't ask any more questions. You would think it wouldn't be so complicated plus not sure what expensive is is it $700 or are they talking $2000 don't know but there has to be someone in Mi. that could do it, its not like their isn't alot of Oak or anything !! HA I will keep and eye on this post hopefully someone else chimes in. Have a good one irishcountry

Before I forget I did find one website based in Grand Rapids Mi. standingtimber.com they claim to sell hardwood sawlogs/veneer logs. I e-mailed them a long time ago but no response they have a phone number on their site but I didn't try calling. Hope it helps I e-mailed them again just out of curiosity on what a load of red oak would cost to get delivered to my neck of the woods. Thanks

Logger's seem be to busy

I have contacted several loggers it's seem that most work as sub-contractors for large lumber companies. They don't own the logs they are harvesting. So they have no ability to sell any logs. The others that I found are sawmill operators them selves and view a small Sawyer like myself as competition. Therefore they have no interest in selling logs to me.

I'm sure there must be some company that can sell logs so small Sawyer like me but I haven't found them yet...

In this case I was looking for 3000 Bf of Oak maybe it not enough volume to attract the right company.

Mark
:givebeer:

Sorry to report I finally called yesterday was going to ask about red oak the mailbox for the contact (Teri) was full and couldn't accept messages. I have tried to contact them by e-mail too (again) no response maybe its kinda a hinky operation for all they knew I wanted a whole bunch of logs and still no response the website is nicely set up though!! Oh well was trying to help! Hopefully someone chimes in. I seen someone mention on here that they could get a logger load of oak in Wisconsin for like 3 hundered something wonder if that was full legnth logs and what it would cost to get them to Mi. I thought it was on this milling forum but maybe it was on the firewood fourm (on here) I'm with you waiting for any responses. Thanks irishcountry

Got a quote

Hey Irish

I did get a quote from a company in central Indiana however is seems Oak logs there are made of gold they quoted $650.00/ 1000BF FOB there yard.

Seem's very high to me...

Mark

Any body else have a feel for the value of red oak saw logs?

WOW:jawdrop: Seems high to me too especially considering lumber is down or at least thats what you hear I am definately no expert though. Shouldn't be so hard to make something happen maybe there's a niche business there! What about tree services?? I had one guy drop off a load of "firewood logs" mixed species but he did mention that he had tons of stuff sitting in his yard that he was waiting to process into firewood he mentioned to me if I wanted lumber that I could get a bandsaw sawyer to just come to his yard and saw up more in a day than I could probrobly ever use?? Interesting proposition but his ad isn't on craigslist in my area anymore and lost his number:cry: If I happen to find it maybe it would come in handy for you I think he was based in the Pinkney (MI.) area. If I come up with anything I will post it. Talk to you soon irishcountry

Latest posts

Back