Microfiche to digital?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are several options.

First, the low-tech option is to simply print out each page and scan them into the digital format of your choice. This of course requires a reader/printer, which many libraries still have.

Second, you could try a high resolution flatbed scanner with a transparency adaptor large enough to accept your fiche. Some specialized sheet film scanners have been used successfully, though they're not cheap.

Finally, you can simply send them to a company that offers this service. A friend had some done a year or so back, and as I recall it ended up costing him about a nickel a page.

-=[ Grant ]=-

There are several options.

First, the low-tech option is to simply print out each page and scan them into the digital format of your choice. This of course requires a reader/printer, which many libraries still have.

Second, you could try a high resolution flatbed scanner with a transparency adaptor large enough to accept your fiche. Some specialized sheet film scanners have been used successfully, though they're not cheap.

Finally, you can simply send them to a company that offers this service. A friend had some done a year or so back, and as I recall it ended up costing him about a nickel a page.

-=[ Grant ]=-

Thanks, I was hoping for something in-house! I'll look into that.

Some of the colleges around here have the reader hooked up to a projector, may be easier to photo them and download the pics if they have something like that around.

Microfiche

I have a bunch of fiche I purchased off ebay a few years back. When I've needed copy, I've gone to the local library and copied using their microfiche reader.

The quality isn't the best but it works. You can purchase microfiche readers for next to nothing. rick

I have a bunch of fiche I purchased off ebay a few years back. When I've needed copy, I've gone to the local library and copied using their microfiche reader.

The quality isn't the best but it works. You can purchase microfiche readers for next to nothing. rick

Thanks. Ya like I said I can get a reader for a case of beer!!! But how do I got from there to copy?

Back