Mid range saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya know.....that is an excellent point. Flippy caps are junk. I hate them. I just never had any problems with a regular cap. Although i recall some that you could crack if your groundie doesnt know not to crank it tight with a Twrench. but once you know not to do that you are good to go. i wont go so far as to say I wont buy another stihl till there are no more flippy caps but it does make it even easier to buy a Husky. Oh its ON now.:rock: I would like to meet up with some of you guys to. Not sure when though. Between estimates and house moving stuff my Saturdays are booked up. Although I am sure I can figure something out.

Ya, it's hard to meet up with people this time of year. The spring sale at Arborwear will be April 27th/28th, so keep that in mind.

Yeah it would be cool to meet up and have a brew with yall, its hard right now in the crazy season though for sure.

I'll just have to keep poppin by arborwear, they never seem to have a size 30-30.. Always out for some reason.. Must be a lot of short climbers in the area? Andy you buyin up all the 30-30's bro?..

361 ported, base gasket removed, muffler opened up, air cleaner changed, AMSOIL saber 100:1. :msp_thumbsup:

:love1::chainsaw:

So I go to a place I found close by that is supposed to be a husky dealer and the guy there really took the wind outa my sails. I wanna say first that I don't think all you guys are wrong. There's no way u are ALL wrong. No way. But this guy told me that his shop decided to stop selling all husky "hand helds". Why I asked? He said because there no good. Why I asked? He said cuz they run to high of rpm n burn up. Ooookkkk. I told him I would buy a stihl if not a husky. He said it would be a better choice. Wtf. He did get out his catalog n looked up the 346xp n said he could get it if I really wanted it. He said its 599.00. What's this guys deal? I don't get it

346xp's a sweet saw. That guys runnin to HIGH of an rpm. Husky has some home owner crap they sell at LOWES and elswhere. Makes them look like sellouts. The xp line is still top shelf. I'm going to the red side next. (Jonesred)
:angry:

So I go to a place I found close by that is supposed to be a husky dealer and the guy there really took the wind outa my sails. I wanna say first that I don't think all you guys are wrong. There's no way u are ALL wrong. No way. But this guy told me that his shop decided to stop selling all husky "hand helds". Why I asked? He said because there no good. Why I asked? He said cuz they run to high of rpm n burn up. Ooookkkk. I told him I would buy a stihl if not a husky. He said it would be a better choice. Wtf. He did get out his catalog n looked up the 346xp n said he could get it if I really wanted it. He said its 599.00. What's this guys deal? I don't get it

He is about $100 over on price. I have had my 385xp for 10 years and the 346xp for 2 years, and neither one of them has burned up. I would just say the guy clearly doesn't like Husky and likely does not know how to run a chainsaw.

Call me crazy, but when I want to know how a certain chainsaw runs, I talk to the guys that use them everyday, not the guy trying to sell me something (especially if it is more expensive).

So far so good with the 261. I am actually pretty impressed. In fact I am considering putting an arbor wear sticker on her. It's that good. : )

Back