MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well guys i was all hyped up about coming up therein april and hauling a boat load of saws out but we have had a medical hiccup in the family. my wifes family has cancer in it really bad and her great grandma,grandma ,mother,aunt,grandpa,etc etc all died from it. I took her to the doctor on wed for a pea sized lump. she was called today to be let known she has cancer. my world revolves around my wife and kids and she is at the center of my universe. she is my coworker,my best friend,my wife. theres just not enough that I can say about how good of person she is. she makes up for every short coming that I have. I will be devoting my heart and sole entirely to getting her thru this. iwill still carry on daily as usual but anything like taking off to a gtg is off the table, saws can wait. I will catch up with you guys next time.

well guys i was all hyped up about coming up therein april and hauling a boat load of saws out but we have had a medical hiccup in the family. my wifes family has cancer in it really bad and her great grandma,grandma ,mother,aunt,grandpa,etc etc all died from it. I took her to the doctor on wed for a pea sized lump. she was called today to be let known she has cancer. my world revolves around my wife and kids and she is at the center of my universe. she is my coworker,my best friend,my wife. theres just not enough that I can say about how good of person she is. she makes up for every short coming that I have. I will be devoting my heart and sole entirely to getting her thru this. iwill still carry on daily as usual but anything like taking off to a gtg is off the table, saws can wait. I will catch up with you guys next time.

Best wishes to and your family. I'm sorry to hear that anyone has to watch a loved one fight it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

we go to the oncology doc Tuesday to set up surgery,find out what stage. she was told by doc #1 that thers nothing to worry about it looks like a non cancerous cyst. next day they are ringing to phone off the wall trying to get in touch with her. the nurse told her it was in fact cancerous and a good thing she had came in to get it checked. then we find ou the reason the first doc said it shouldn't be any biggie is becouse my wifes young and in good health. this is some rare sort of thing that doesn't happen in women her age.

we go to the oncology doc Tuesday to set up surgery,find out what stage. she was told by doc #1 that thers nothing to worry about it looks like a non cancerous cyst. next day they are ringing to phone off the wall trying to get in touch with her. the nurse told her it was in fact cancerous and a good thing she had came in to get it checked. then we find ou the reason the first doc said it shouldn't be any biggie is becouse my wifes young and in good health. this is some rare sort of thing that doesn't happen in women her age.
Terry I will pray for you both. I had cancer and 11months of chemo my junior year of college. Luckily I was in desperate need of beer $$$ and went to give blood. That was the only reason mine was caught on time. I hope your wife's was caught on time to be treated as well. It is also very admirable they way youare handling the bad news.

Last edited:
prayers from kansas for you, her, and your family

That is totally understandable!
Your wife and your family are in our prayers,hopfully is found early enuff to do something about!
keep us posted bud,GOD BLESS.

That is totally understandable!
Your wife and your family are in our prayers,hopfully is found early enuff to do something about!
keep us posted bud,GOD BLESS.
Mark pretty much said what I was thinking. Amazing things that modern medicine can accomplish these days and great to see your dedication to family----they come first.

Ron

You make this sound so romantic Ron... Then again I'm sure I've seen pics of Andy in bed with a chainsaw...
I dont know about romantic, but just try to keep people comfortable. Felt so stupid last year becaause as chilly as it was we would have benifitted greatly from a fire ring with cookies burning, none of us hosts even thought about it till it was too late.:dizzy::dizzy::(

Terry, sorry to hear about your wife, she'll be prayed for. We'll catch you at another GTG.

I just got done sharpening a loop of 7/16" chain for the old Bolens - 106cc of pure noise. Anyone know where a guy can find one of the Skinner cartridge type air filters for one of these? They were used on quite a few old saws. No biggie if it doesn't get one, I'll just slap some screens in the openings and call it good for the few cuts it makes.

Terry, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, may this be caught in time and completely stopped!
Were gonna sure miss you, I was really looking forward to meeting you!
Maybe we'll see terry in the Fall if we run the Iowa Pain Train out to the W-KY GTG.
I dont know about romantic, but just try to keep people comfortable. Felt so stupid last year becaause as chilly as it was we would have benifitted greatly from a fire ring with cookies burning, none of us hosts even thought about it till it was too late.:dizzy::dizzy::(
I was just giving you a hard time. The only reason we had fire at the Fall GTG 2 years ago is because it was so dang cold! Well that and it helped clean up some of the cookies for me :)

Back