MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it should be a requirement to have a fire! Unless there is a fire ban. Great place to just hang out.

My favorite part of Hedgefest was BS'ing with the rest of the guys around the fire late night and falling asleep there. I wonder what time Matt got to bed since I never woke him up...

My favorite part of Hedgefest was BS'ing with the rest of the guys around the fire late night and falling asleep there. I wonder what time Matt got to bed since I never woke him up...
Man, I had some serious sleep deprivation going on that weekend....
I think I stumbled into the house around 4 something...
That was a good time... Warm weather too... I sorta got a sunburn that weekend...

I was at the bank today and I thought I heard a Robin behind me! Sure enough there was, I think it's confused...
a9unyret.jpg

Man, I had some serious sleep deprivation going on that weekend....
I think I stumbled into the house around 4 something...
That was a good time... Warm weather too... I sorta got a sunburn that weekend...
the wife and my buddys girlfriend got sunburns at hedgefest , it was a great and warm day

Bump... just b/c I can...

Some of us are going out to buck for a local logger this weekend and should be fun. Sounds like 100,000 bdft of mostly soft wood/maple. Planning on exercising a 7900 ported by a Canuck. I took this one out last time and ended up breaking the pull rope thanks to a stiff amount of compression! Also taking the Carr-nage 9010 to keep things interesting... Sounds like nothing over 30-36in diameter so the 42in bars get to stay home. I'm kinda wishing I would have bought a roll of skip or semi skip. The logs were skidded and pretty dirty last time so the semi chisel is going to be packed this time (hopefully a little less sharpening). It's freaking -11* here right now and is suppose to be -5* with wind chill tomorrow. Guess the underarmor and insulated bibs will be coming out tomorrow!

Bump... just b/c I can...

Some of us are going out to buck for a local logger this weekend and should be fun. Sounds like 100,000 bdft of mostly soft wood/maple. Planning on exercising a 7900 ported by a Canuck. I took this one out last time and ended up breaking the pull rope thanks to a stiff amount of compression! Also taking the Carr-nage 9010 to keep things interesting... Sounds like nothing over 30-36in diameter so the 42in bars get to stay home. I'm kinda wishing I would have bought a roll of skip or semi skip. The logs were skidded and pretty dirty last time so the semi chisel is going to be packed this time (hopefully a little less sharpening). It's freaking -11* here right now and is suppose to be -5* with wind chill tomorrow. Guess the underarmor and insulated bibs will be coming out tomorrow!
I got 12 above here now, with some gusty winds. Morning temps are supposed to be around 0 to 10 above and should start warming quickly if its going to make close to 30.
The last time we bucked logs for him, I was surprised by how warm I stayed all day. the only thing that got a little cool were the feet. It requires more physical exertion to buck logs than I realized.
Most of these logs were probably skidded to the landing during cold and frozen conditions, so there shouldnt be too much dirt on them. We will be bringing the vise that slides into receiver hitch for sharpening of chains.

I got 12 above here now, with some gusty winds. Morning temps are supposed to be around 0 to 10 above and should start warming quickly if its going to make close to 30.
The last time we bucked logs for him, I was surprised by how warm I stayed all day. the only thing that got a little cool were the feet. It requires more physical exertion to buck logs than I realized.
Most of these logs were probably skidded to the landing during cold and frozen conditions, so there shouldnt be too much dirt on them. We will be bringing the vise that slides into receiver hitch for sharpening of chains.
I told Mike I'd toss in a long bar and slice all the big logs if you guys wanted to run the shorter bars...

I have cabin fever. Want to cut some wood. But it's cold. I did grind 12 stumps but no cutting. The cold is hard on equipment. Just installed new cutters and pockets

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

I told Mike I'd toss in a long bar and slice all the big logs if you guys wanted to run the shorter bars...

im bringin the 2188 32incher,just because:chainsaw:
560 hybrid 24in
372 24in
that is if i can see strait got a piece of steel in eye this mornin had to go to dr ,got it,still kind of blurry!

Latest posts

Back