MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was practicing the "buck without wedges without getting pinched'' principal with my 2186. Logger Luke showed me that last time, and it works great. No need to stop and put in wedges.

Every man has his own way of doing things. There's more then one way to skin a cat.

Last edited:
I was practicing the "buck without wedges without getting pinched'' principal with my 2186. Logger Luke showed me that last time, and it works great. No need to stop and put in wedges.
I tried that method some this time and it worked pretty well, but am not totally convinced that its faster than popping in a wedge.

Haha kk. I was going to say, that's super high expectations for the gtg or someone needs a lot of wood. I figured ya would need some good old Still power to help ya get through all of that. :p

Sent from my Samsung Note 3.

Haha kk. I was going to say, that's super high expectations for the gtg or someone needs a lot of wood. I figured ya would need some good old Still power to help ya get through all of that. :p

Sent from my Samsung Note 3.
With the firewood processor, splitters, and fiskars coming to the gtg, we just may need that much! :D

I'll be flying into Des Moines then driving to Ames IOWA on the second week of April for Case IH training. I'll be so close but so far.

So i might have been a fly on the wall, but I heard the Iowa GTG's might have a large cool piece of equipment to help out in the future...

You know who you are... Speak up...

So i might have been a fly on the wall, but I heard the Iowa GTG's might have a large cool piece of equipment to help out in the future...

You know who you are... Speak up...
You wouldnt be thinking of a John Deere log skidder, would you? Those pesky flies have some good hearing!
We'll have to see what they are thinking for a price and weigh out our need verses want. Would be great to have------it is the same skidder Mark ran for several winters when he helped them log.

Don't know age, JD 440B, winch only no grapple, set of chains. It is well used but still functions well

Don't know age, JD 440B, winch only no grapple, set of chains. It is well used but still functions well
for the few hours you guys would put on it... Probably a great little skidder. would make deep ditch recovery easier, and would be smaller to run into the woods!

Mark, Ron, myself and Leroy, (in the tractor) pulled up a good jag of logs for the gtg today. The log on the carrier almost maxes it out to the point of steering with the brakes!
3y4uhuna.jpg

My new to me wood hauler got some exercise today too. Oh how I missed 4 wheel drive!
yba8yma8.jpg

With the firewood processor coming this year I think we need twice the logs as normal or more! Good day was had by all!

Latest posts

Back