MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike I will say the one thing on that old ford that will piss you off more than anything will be keeping your rear view mirrors adjusted. I still love mine though!

Simple reason. I ran out. I use BG products.

I have an air dog kit on it to take care of the water and the worst thing for injectors... air.

Diesel gelling problems last week.

Found out our Dodge RAM 2013 Diesel trucks need a software update. The built in diesel fuel filter heaters will not activate because of a software problem. Thought our gelling problems were untreated fuel. When the temp got down to -8 our truck had to idle for an hour to be driven without gelling up. Even with it plugged in overnight. The other crew in Minneapolis could not get theirs to idle more than 3 minutes before turning off. But it was -20 in Minneapolis. They had to stay an extra day in Mn till the temps warmed up on Friday. More cold coming this week.

This is a problem with all 2013 diesels and some 2014 Ram diesel trucks

So I shoved the stove full of ash oak and hackberry anticipating the on coming wind. Then we left for church..........
seby2umu.jpg
needless to say when I returned home I discovered that I left the draft door open a wee too far.............

So I shoved the stove full of ash oak and hackberry anticipating the on coming wind. Then we left for church..........
seby2umu.jpg
needless to say when I returned home I discovered that I left the draft door open a wee too far.............
Well, Mike I guess you have some heat banked for the cold and wind that is coming. Wait, for the cold and wind that is already here!

maybe ,if doug will bring his super split.i want see one work,and split what they say they will?
dont know for sure what kind of splitters r comin,mine is a mtd 27ton with a honda instead of the briggs.
we also have a tractor powered 5x30in one,if u can lift up to the 7x7 tool bar it will split it.

Diesel gelling problems last week.

Found out our Dodge RAM 2013 Diesel trucks need a software update. The built in diesel fuel filter heaters will not activate because of a software problem. Thought our gelling problems were untreated fuel. When the temp got down to -8 our truck had to idle for an hour to be driven without gelling up. Even with it plugged in overnight. The other crew in Minneapolis could not get theirs to idle more than 3 minutes before turning off. But it was -20 in Minneapolis. They had to stay an extra day in Mn till the temps warmed up on Friday. More cold coming this week.

This is a problem with all 2013 diesels and some 2014 Ram diesel trucks

I find this interesting. Are you saying no additive was added? I don't see how any diesel is going to run unless fully treated tank with additive. All the trucks we service at work and school busses have additive and started fine a week or so ago in -14 and the school buses all sit outside.

If proper additive was in place there would be no need for filter heaters:popcorn:

So what different brands of splitters are coming to this GTG??? Maybe a Super Split????
Super split, I got a 22 ton brave, heard rumors of a more wood coming and the AE metal werx bad azz wood splitting machine! My neighbor's friend has the biggest one northern sells and will see if we can display it too. Also have an upside down on a amid steer too if ya really want it to be there.

Yes super split and TM pro splitter. I may need to bring some big nasty y's and round to show it off. Still trying to figure how to get all of it to the GTG. May need make two trips.

With the new smaller micron size diesel fuel filters Diesel treatment is not enough. Dodges Cummins have always had a heater in the fuel filter. But when it does not turn on the filter gelling is sooner. Fuel here is only treated to -10 F.

Yes super split and TM pro splitter. I may need to bring some big nasty y's and round to show it off. Still trying to figure how to get all of it to the GTG. May need make two trips.
I was planning on taking the Rav4 again but perhaps the truck would allow a single trip for both of us?

I have a 5hp NT splitter but it's a pretty common, nothing special splitter. It has split everything I've needed it to so far... Even if I can't get a big knot to split I'll still be able to toss it in the boiler we plan on installing this spring. Anyhow, I don't see much point in towing it up, so that might make room for one or two of Doug's toys...

Doug are you bringing the Camper or truck or ??? Maybe we can combine into two rigs that will cover all the toys???

I

With the new smaller micron size diesel fuel filters Diesel treatment is not enough. Dodges Cummins have always had a heater in the fuel filter. But when it does not turn on the filter gelling is sooner. Fuel here is only treated to -10 F.
I have watched the u tube videos would like to see one up close. Would be great if you can swing it. If not that is fine to.

I could do it in one trip but don't know if RV will tow 17000 lbs up the hill to gtg. Loader is 10000, super split is 600 and trailer is 6300 lbs. Nathan you able to drive RV?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

I could do it in one trip but don't know if RV will tow 17000 lbs up the hill to gtg. Loader is 10000, super split is 600 and trailer is 6300 lbs. Nathan you able to drive RV?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
Depends... I used to drive and park all the 80' tractor trailers at TMC trucking, so yes I have the ability to drive it. The question is do I legally need a CDL or chauffeurs licence?

Last edited:
RV's are exempt from CDL as long as used for personal/recreational use and not pulling a trailer that has GVWR over 10,000lbs. The enclosed trailer has a weight rating of 9998 lbs.
Perrrrfect! almost need the wife to drive the Jeep and Genie up too... LOL!!!!!

Latest posts

Back