MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were thinking of cutting and splitting these logs for charity. This late in the season it might be for next winter. Still lots to figure out to start a wood charity. The logs are at our acreage in Waukee Iowa.
utahezy6.jpg

5a5u4epy.jpg

ysu5edyh.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that can't see the pics?

Also as far as the charity goes I'm sure there's people somewhere trying to get wood hauled in. Due to the LP prices I'm sure people are in need somewhere...

:)

Huh, THat's weird... The log pics just popped up in my reply quote, but not on Doug's original post...

I'll be happy to come help if the schedule allows. Looks like similar time/distance as it is to the GTG site, just slightly different scenery along the way.

PS - what's all that weird brown stuff the logs are sitting on?

it looks like a whole lot of heat for a house is what it looks like to me!

Wish I had a log stack that size sitting at my place... God knows if I put in a boiler I'll be needing that much!

I'll be happy to come help if the schedule allows. Looks like similar time/distance as it is to the GTG site, just slightly different scenery along the way.

PS - what's all that weird brown stuff the logs are sitting on?

Not much snow here. Just enough to make the roads slick. Lots of brown just west of us. The east side of the state has plenty of white stuff.

We are making contacts to find needy people who could use the wood. Getting wood to cut to size and split is easy. Tree services will drop dump trailer loads of wood off at my door if I call them.

I have a vintage Stihl 090 resting in my shop. Hasn't run in 6 years. Piston is locked. Now, just suppose that I got this big beast running a few days prior to April 26... What then should I do next?

leave it at home,LOL

Man that's harsh! I REALLY dislike stihl........... but I still respect an 090.......:cool:

lighten up man ,i was givin Ed a hard time!
its all a matter of opinion,if its a chainsaw that cuts wood bring it.
He knows i didnt mean it,were here to have fun, cut wood,and raz each other about what we like or dont like!

Well I just made what I hope will be a good trade!

Chainsaw I had $85 in for this wheeler. Also a case of beer for my buddy who is picking up and dropping this off for me! Should have it in an hour!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391115741.111009.jpg

Back