MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been looking for the air rockshoxs, with rebound adjustment.
My previous bike had a mantiou that was adjustable but didn't have the lock out. Riding to trails with the lock out is really nice. Very happy with it. You still have to reach down to lock it as you know some have a cable to them but it seems overkill to me.

TallGuy haters going to hate I guess. Oh you want to talk chainsaw I looked at the Homie 360 tonight and someone put in a thread insert on spark plug which pushes the plug out to far and seems to possibly be damaging the bolt on coil. Now what to do? I put the one I had and still couldn't get fire on bottle feed to the saw. Maybe my coil is bad as well?

My previous bike had a mantiou that was adjustable but didn't have the lock out. Riding to trails with the lock out is really nice. Very happy with it. You still have to reach down to lock it as you know some have a cable to them but it seems overkill to me.

TallGuy haters going to hate I guess. Oh you want to talk chainsaw I looked at the Homie 360 tonight and someone put in a thread insert on spark plug which pushes the plug out to far and seems to possibly be damaging the bolt on coil. Now what to do? I put the one I had and still couldn't get fire on bottle feed to the saw. Maybe my coil is bad as well?

Lock outs are as good as gold. Constantly locking and unlocking. Shaun and I had a pretty fun afternoon ride, I think we both had some time spent on the ground though.... Saws eh??? I have roughly 2.5 of them made in Sweden...

I actually would like to talk about tractors...

Don't hate on the off topic convos!

Big ones?

IMGP6229.JPG

78282720.jpg

or little ones?

5886IMG_3305.JPG

IMGP6294.JPG

Minneapolis Moline??
No Case IH construction line... Been looking at the construction line so I can get a back hoe and a loader in one unit. The question I have is how are the 3pt back hoes? I'm guessing a 3pt would be more versitile with different attachments but I wanted to do a bunch of backhoe work so I though buying a construction unit like the Case 580 CK would be a good option.

Case 580-CK
http://www.tractordata.com/industrial-tractors/000/1/0/102-ji-case-580-ck.html

Big ones?

or little ones?

5886IMG_3305.JPG

IMGP6294.JPG
\

I'd love to have that JD you have there. Something small to midsized would be good. I have a bunch of dirt work I need to do for drainage on the driveway. Clearing snow, moving pallets of wood, draging logs... I had looked at some of the older smaller stuff like the Ford 8n/9n...

I've only really used bigger tractors at the inlaws farm (JD 7810 & 8220). The only other small piece of equipment I used was a 4ft ditchwitch 4x4 with scraper blade. It's hard to know exactly what I want since I don't know what all I will do with it or what to expect from small to medium-small tractors. Also the budget is small since the mortgage is eating our expendable income.

I like my little blue one.
Looks real nice... I wish I had $5k-$8k to throw at a nice tractor set up for myself but it's just not in the budget right now. We bought our "forever house" young so we could enjoy it longer than a 10-20 year retirement before going to the old folks home. That being said we had to strech the cash thin to afford what we hope to enjoy for the next 40 years... I'm sure I'll find some ok implements in time.

Is that 4wd mark?

Looks real nice... I wish I had $5k-$8k to throw at a nice tractor set up for myself but it's just not in the budget right now. We bought our "forever house" young so we could enjoy it longer than a 10-20 year retirement before going to the old folks home. That being said we had to strech the cash thin to afford what we hope to enjoy for the next 40 years... I'm sure I'll find some ok implements in time.

Is that 4wd mark?

Yes it is 4wd and hydro.

It's a handy little Jewell, and I don't know how I got along without it as long as I did.

Yes it is 4wd and hydro.

It's a handy little Jewell, and I don't know how I got along without it as long as I did.
Yea, I know the feeling. I just got my first hydralic log splitter this last year and can't believe how I did without it for so long. I'll probably try to get by with the new 4wheeler and a cart for as long as possible... But I foresee a tractor in the next couple of years if not sooner.

a4aruzu6.jpg
the fiskars do break,didn't over reach either. Just sunk it into knotty oak!

Latest posts

Back