MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we forgot to take a group pic... I think I have yet to be in a GTG group pic :(

Had tons of fun, thanks to everyone!

Thanks for the kind words Bill. It was truly a blessing that I did not know I possessed and give thanks to the Lord for endowing me with such a gift. And the best part is being able to share it with everyone! The other carver on my team, Darick, had a close call with the tornado that hit in SEK yesterday. His aunt and her neighbors however, were in the direct path and lost their homes in Baxter Springs, Ks. He called and asked if I was ready for a carve-a-thon to help raise some money for their immediate needs. We feel this is the reason that God brought us together because we both feel like the gift of carving that we have been given should be used, not for personal gain, but to use it to help out our brothers and sisters in their time of greatest need and share the love of God with everyone that we encounter. Have a blessed day everyone!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
You truly are a top notch individual, i am glad i got to meet you. I wish we lived closer.

I want to thank Mark, Ron, and Mike for the time, effort and money that they expended to make this GTG possible. A lot of people don't realize the amount of work that goes into setting up one of these events. I also want to thank the other AS members and local folks who helped to make event possible. Kudos to Boyd, Wet Gun Powder for the Jonsered stuff he sent, I snagged a nice Sunday go to meeting cap. If I missed anyone, a big thanks to you also. I have attended seven Iowa GTG's in the last four years and enjoyed them all and the ( Lord willing and the Crick don't Rise) there will be many more.
I was glad to see the Indiana boys and Bill G, they always bring a lot of cool old saws to run, these guys bring chain saw history. The Mn. boys always bring a nice selection of the true Jonsered saws, pre Elux. I traded Adam/ aka Dale out of a P100 to go along with my PM 1000, a little TLC and it should be good to go.
I only brought home 8 extra saws this trip, 3 runners, 3 that need some tlc, and 2 parts saws, two years ago I brought home 17, I just can't turn down a deal. I was supposed to get a 660 Remmy from Struggle, but I forgot about it and he didn't remind me.

8629667672_e1b3c1103e_b.jpg

You been in one...

K here are a couple of pics of the bear for Anne! I posted them in the WWS thread where she has been sharing her progress as a present from all of us at the gtg!

y9atyqup.jpg
myruma4y.jpg
4etenede.jpg
dy8asuvu.jpg
namu5ena.jpg

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
You sir do very good work.. The bear looks amazing and the sign turned out awesome. Hope to see you again next year!!

K here are a couple of pics of the bear for Anne! I posted them in the WWS thread where she has been sharing her progress as a present from all of us at the gtg!

That is A1 awesome and a fantastic idea for a gift. You are a top shelf person with top shelf talent. Where is the 2-thumbs up emoticon when you need it?

A lot of thanks are coming our way from you good folks and it is all much appreciated!!!! It is a lot of work, but Mike, Mark and I and our families really do enjoy hosting this event and it is not because of our work .............it is because so many of you are willing to drive the distances you do, share your knowledge, cool saws and fantastic personalities with others.We like seeing our chainsaw friends and making new ones.
There was so much going on that I didnt even get to take it all in. One thing I really wanted to see was the bucking trailer and splitters in action and I just didnt get over there in time. Maybe will see it at the next charity cut. I know I am sure thankful for the two days of nice weather in between rainy spells-----very nice to have sunshine on Friday and Saturday.
The carvings by Chad (lumberjackchef) truly are amazing and am very glad to see your talent being used to serve God! The plaque you did for my in-laws business is GREAT. They think it is spectacular and cant wait to hang it in front of their shop in the Black Hills. Father in law couldnt believe you did it while they were here!
We all had a great time at the Midwest Sawfest GTG.

Ron

We saw enough of your ass no need to see anymore of you. You have taken over Wendel's job on that and succeeded him by a large crack margin:eek:

MoJim I will most likely not be getting rid of the Remmys anytime soon. When we left I looked around and didn't see you. You must have been working another deal else where in the crowd:D We left a little early as I get rather skittish around weather changing fast. Didn't want to risk driving into any stuff o the way home.

We would have needed a super duper wide angle lens to do a group picture of everyone this time. :laugh:
when I was in auctioneer school, I seen the HUGE pics of the past classes. when they went to take ours, ah hah!!! they used a motor drive 35 m/m camera, with a motor driven base on a tripod!! the bleachers we stood on, were set up in circle, and as the camera turned, it kept clicking pics...they then joined them together, in the film lab, to make one solid pic,,like a "three foot" picture.. the antique ones........

I too want to thank the Mark, Ron, Mike and all the others involved with the great GTG. I am always amazed at the different saws that show up and the amazing people that make the machines really work. Hope everyone made it home ok and see you next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray

nasty weather last night for sure! me and chad went by several places that got hit before or after we went by

BTW...AWOL is having chainsaw races the saturday the 10th of may in cabool for them that are close to him
i am gonna try but its four hours away from me

The numbers weren't what u was expected but I'm real happy with the turn out!
I just looked at the sign in book monday after work and there are 40 entries. Not all of them are forum people and I'm sure not everyone got signed in.
Sorry about the name tags guys, especially newbies, I know they are helpful to identify and sort out whos who. The thing is we had 100 of them, but none of us remembered to get them out and use em.:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back