MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got some of the races. I would have like to gotten more, but well not having the right setup, I sure wasn't going to hold my phone up all day. Sorry I didn't get more, but if I saw the big 2 stroke pipe, I tried to record it. I had about 15 races or so, and just threw them together into 1 video with some quick editing, as well this is not my forte.

I know there's other that have some video, as I seen them take some. Hope they can post em up as well.

Now there's something ya don't see everyday
6u3y5yru.jpg
and might have to be real lucky to ever see again! Thanks AWOL and Mark for racing those BP's!!! That was really cool to see. They sound sweet!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

givin me chills lookin at all those cool pics. can't wait till next sat. and my first GTG. i know ours won't be quite as awesome but we're gonna have fun. Sarahdodgegeek why weren't you on the business end of that two person saw? :D

Folks, I ended up with the following extra shirts, and I'd really like to find homes for them, as I sell them at my cost (no margin to cover any extras)

If your interested, pleaser let me know:

XL - 2 orange, 5 black,
2XL - 1 red,
3XL - 1 black

I also have 1 3XL cutting cancer shirt left over of anyone's looking for one.

Let me know, thanks!

Sent from north of hwy 8

Folks, I ended up with the following extra shirts, and I'd really like to find homes for them, as I sell them at my cost (no margin to cover any extras)

If your interested, pleaser let me know:

XL - 2 orange, 5 black,
2XL - 1 red,
3XL - 1 black

I also have 1 3XL cutting cancer shirt left over of anyone's looking for one.

Let me know, thanks!

Sent from north of hwy 8
Sent ya a PM for 2 XLS and the 2XL. :)

Sent from my Samsung Note 3.

Finally get a break to post up so here goes.

I want to thank all the attendees for coming and enjoying the day with us and for all of those that brought the equipment to enjoy and of course the bad a$$ rare saws. I feel bad that there were some if you I barley got more than a hi in, and was off to the next thing! We plan on next year already and have enough logs left over that we won't have to search too hard to get ready for next year!

Big thanks to Boyd for all the goodies and all the wives that helped with the food Friday and Saturday!!

Let me know if anyone is missing something and I will take it to Doug's charity cut the 17th of may and see if we can get it back to you!

And finally woodchucker for sponsoring the pay outs for the cant races! It is really awesome that you can pony up the prize money out of your own pocket!! We really did miss you and wished that you could have been here!

A few more photos. Sam tip brought a big chuck that received a lot of attention during the morning.

DSC04860.JPG

DSC04861.JPG

Tall Guy started the whittling with the Mity Mite.

DSC04862.JPG

I found a decent log to initiate the new to me CP125. Thanks Chris (CBFarmall) for the nice additions to my collection. I will post up the Super 550 when I get it cleaned up a bit.

DSC04877.JPG

Mark

AWOL brought a nice trailer load of McCulloch saws as well as the whole family. Sadly, I did not keep track of all the boys names but I will say that Alan and Rebecca are as nice of people as you will ever meet.

DSC04863.JPG

I wonder why this little lad seems so happy?

DSC04883.JPG

I parked beside Nathan (Nstueve) who had some sort of rainbow saws.

DSC04864.JPG

I brought a few Mac's to play with and took home two additional saws...one that I left in Baraboo last August that Bill G rescued for me and one 1-10 with the McCulloch bullfrog carburetor to try and get going for Mark Hosky.

DSC04865.JPG

Mitch (Mewba) brought an empty truck, I guess he was anticipating taking a few more saws home.

DSC04866.JPG

Mark

Attachments

• DSC04883.JPG
    DSC04883.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC04863.JPG
    DSC04863.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC04863.JPG
    DSC04863.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 18