MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Words cannot describe what a great day it was. Mark and Ron Hosky and Mike Manley put in a tremendous effort getting everything ready and get stuck with all of the clean up but they do it time and again, how can you beat that? I especially enjoyed meeting and getting to spend some time with AWOL and family. I have a wonderful new McBrother to work with.

I will put up some photos tomorrow afternoon.

Mark

Thanks to all there for a great time, especially the folks who spent all the time and effort to put it together. I really enjoyed the casual conversations and the "Hey, let's have fun!" attitudes at the GTG. It was my first, but not my last! My 910E didn't make it back here, it has a new home. So, now I can feed the CAD with a new color or size saw!
Thanks again!

Hope everyone made(s) it home and travels safely! Had a nasty storm go through last night, woke me up about 1:30am, and I was hoping that no one was still tent camping over night. Had a great time this weekend, and was good to meet such a diverse group of people. Finally to put some faces with screen names was good too, although I'm terrible with names, it's going to take a while to get them all down. Big thanks to the Hosky family and Mike for the hard work and hospitality! I know there's others, and thanks to you as well! I didn't take many pics but got some video that I'll work on trying to get uploaded, if time permits today at work.

I'm home & rested.

If they are Hedge's chairs and if they were to make it to the Waukee Charity Cut, Workshop or I could bring them back & return them to Hedge at the next Springfield, MO area Charity Cut.

Let me repeat: A GREAT BIG THANKS!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: to the sponsoring family/group. You all did a great job! :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

I believe every one had a fantastic time, didn't see a single frown or pout although I did see some huge smiles & a large variety of saws & methods of hauling them.

Pros of attending:
- Meeting folks & being able to put names with faces.
- Gaining knowledge, learned the basics of square filing a chain, the need to hold the starting cord out while shutting off some of the older saws like Mac's & why.
- Being able to see different options for working with lumber & fire wood.
- Things to look for in a milling saw.

Cons:

a7ypana4.jpg
got the sign done about 1am put a coat of urethane on this morning! Sweet! Thanks again for all the hospitality! Malia and I had an awesome time!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back