Mike Maas Lanyard???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I know your smart enough to check and replace it Mike, I don't want to get a call asking to help dig you out of the root zone yah hear :D

oh by the way, can you bring a wheel of cheese over with ya?

Mike,
dont you ever get all tripped up with the lanyard hanging in front like that?
I like the idea, and i know its gotta be more comfortable to rest in than using the side d's, but seems like it would be more of a nuisiance and a tripping hazard.
Ill often choke one lanyard end around a branch, then redirect the load from side d by running the lanyard thru a redirect on the bridge.
One mod Ive made to my positioner, i removed the alum tether and replaced it with a twisted screw link(locking clevis) which screws right to the d ring eliminating a link as you had mentioned.

I'm not a fan. I find that it is very difficult to smoothly make the lanyard longer (letting you lean back further) while the lanyard is weighted. It was choppy for me after using it about 2 months I gave up.

Also, the slack tends real easy. Too easy. You could be walking out on a limb and a short twig would grab the tail end and take up all the slack as you walked by. What an inconvenience.

love
nick

Latest posts

Back